Re: [webalizer] What does xxxx:+++++++ mean?

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20 12:07 PM
      > In your referrer log, what does
      > xxxx:++++++++++++++++++ mean?

      This is some browser program which is blocking its
      referrer to protect the user's privacy. It could be
      even be some browser pluguin, or a proxy program like
      Proxymitron.

      I also get these in my logs. I have looked the
      entries, and they look just like users browsing pages
      in the websites. I have seen no suspicious behaviour.

      --- Shayne <skeetley@...> wrote:

      > I have looked everywhere (including the archive
      > here), but cannot
      > find an answer.
      >
      > In your referrer log, what does
      > xxxx:++++++++++++++++++ mean?
      >
      > Is it someone accessing my site from a protected
      > site? Are they
      > blocking the referrer? Is it someone probing my
      > site that is up to
      > no good? I know a lot of people get these in their
      > logs. I was
      > hoping someone here might be able to shed some light
      > on this.

      =====

      http://messenger.yahoo.com
    • waldo kitty
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20 4:51 PM
        Enric Naval wrote:
        >>In your referrer log, what does
        >>xxxx:++++++++++++++++++ mean?
        >

        > This is some browser program which is blocking its
        > referrer to protect the user's privacy. It could be
        > even be some browser pluguin, or a proxy program like
        > Proxymitron.

        FWIW: its not from Proxomitron (correct spelling) unless they have specifically modified the two places where referrals can be
        replaced... in my default proxomitron install, those two only make the referrer blank... the xxxx:++++ stuff comes from something
        else... i seem to recall norton internet security being mentioned elsewhere as one that did this... personally, i think it better to
        just blank the field rather than to stuff that shit in it...

        --
        _\/
        (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA