Re: Out of overflow pages...

  • LaMonte Forthun
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20 8:11 AM
      Hi Brad,

      No, I'm on Red Hat Linux v7.3.

      Here's what I get:

      /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer:

      Processing back-bull.com
      HASH: Out of overflow pages. Increase page size

      On some of the sites it gives me 50 lines of the HASH... Error, on some,
      non, some 1 or 2, etc.

      Since it's processing the sites by Webalizer I thought I'd start here and
      see if anyone had run into this before...

      Thanks much
      --
      LaMonte Forthun

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 20 7:24 PM
        Check to see what else is getting processed besides the webalizer. A
        quick google search on the error messages turns up a lot of stuff related
        to PostgreSQL, with a couple of hits related to the paging code of the
        various *BSD unix flavors. The webalizer does not contain an error
        message anything close to what you are getting, so it must be some other
        external process that is being called along with your webaizer processing.

        --

        On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, LaMonte Forthun wrote:

        > Hi Brad,
        >
        > No, I'm on Red Hat Linux v7.3.
        >
        > Here's what I get:
        >
        > /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer:
        >
        > Processing back-bull.com
        > HASH: Out of overflow pages. Increase page size
        >
        > On some of the sites it gives me 50 lines of the HASH... Error, on some,
        > non, some 1 or 2, etc.
        >
        > Since it's processing the sites by Webalizer I thought I'd start here and
        > see if anyone had run into this before...
        >
        > Thanks much
        > --
        > LaMonte Forthun
        >

        > > Message: 3
        > > Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:48:32 -0400 (EDT)
        > > From: "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...>
        > > Subject: Re: Out of overflow pages...
        > >

        > >> Each day when my logs are processed by Webalizer, I get numerous lines in my
        > >> Cron Daemon report that say:
        > >>
        > >> HASH: Out of overflow pages. Increase page size
        > >
        > > I don't believe that is a webalizer error. Are you running FreeBSD?
        > >
        > > --
        > > Bradford L. Barrett brad@...
        > > A free electron in a sea of neutrons DoD#1750 KD4NAW
        > >
        > > The only thing Micro$oft has done for society, is make people
        > > believe that computers are inherently unreliable.

        How do you give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt when you
        know that if you were to throw it in a room with truth, you'd
        risk a matter/anti-matter explosion? -- Nicholas Petreley IDG