webalizer

  • tobyglev@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2001
      Hello
      Can anyone help me. I downloaded the English version of the Webalizer
      software from http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/ and the webalizer.exe
      wont run. Does anyone have advice?
    • Hong Tian
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2003

        I use the binary code of Webalizer-2.01-10 to Apache server on Solaris 8. I
        can display the statistics for http://www.test.ias.edu (ServerRoot is
        /usr/local/apache/htdocs).

        Now each subsite under http://www.test.ias.edu such as
        http://www.test.ias.edu/group1 (/usr/local/apache/htdocs/group1) and
        http://www.test.ias.edu/group2 (/usr/local/apache/htdocs/group2 don't need
        the statistics of http://www.test.ias.edu, they only want to know their own
        group statistics information. By README file: "To only display totals for a
        particular directory, use GroupURL and HideURL with the same value (is:
        '/help/*')", I added the followings on webalizer.conf:

        GroupURL /usr/local/apache/htdocs/group1/*
        HideURL /usr/local/apache/htdocs/group1/*

        GroupURL /usr/local/apache/htdocs/group2/*
        HideURL /usr/local/apache/htdocs/group2/*

        But it doesn't work well. Do you know how to display a particular directory
        on Webalizer?

        Thanks,
        Hong
      • schroeder_jc
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4 5:11 PM
          Dear webalizer wizards-

          My sites are hosted by a shared hosting provider using Linux, Apache,
          and cPanel. Pretty common setup. As part of the services provided,
          some piece of that setup runs Webalizer for me each night.

          I'm not satisfied with the default Webalizer report produced by that
          nightly run. I have succeeded in copying the logs to my home PC and
          Webalizing there with my own custom webalizer config file, and by doing
          that I get just what I want.

          But now I have a site that would like their stats available on the
          site. So I would have to webalize at home and then ftp the pages back
          to the site... something of a pain. Is there a way to have that
          nightly automatic webalizer run use my own custom webalizer config?

          My hosting provider didn't seem to know a way. I do not have root
          access. Just an shared server account.

          Thanks,
          -Jeff