Out of overflow pages...

  • LaMonte Forthun
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2004
      Hi all,

      Each day when my logs are processed by Webalizer, I get numerous lines in my
      Cron Daemon report that say:

      HASH: Out of overflow pages. Increase page size

      I've looked everywhere for an answer for this and just found this list. I'm
      wondering if it has anything to do with the size of the webalizer.current
      file, if that should be deleted (at the end of the month or at anytime).

      I'm not all that familiar with the workings of Webalizer, I just know it
      keeps great stats, but I want to make sure I'm not losing data because of
      this...

      Thanks in advance.
      --
      LaMonte Forthun
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
        > Each day when my logs are processed by Webalizer, I get numerous lines in my
        > Cron Daemon report that say:
        >
        > HASH: Out of overflow pages. Increase page size

        I don't believe that is a webalizer error. Are you running FreeBSD?

      • LaMonte Forthun
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
          Hi Brad,

          No, I'm on Red Hat Linux v7.3.

          Here's what I get:

          /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer:

          Processing back-bull.com
          HASH: Out of overflow pages. Increase page size

          On some of the sites it gives me 50 lines of the HASH... Error, on some,
          non, some 1 or 2, etc.

          Since it's processing the sites by Webalizer I thought I'd start here and
          see if anyone had run into this before...

          Thanks much
          --
          LaMonte Forthun

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
            Check to see what else is getting processed besides the webalizer. A
            quick google search on the error messages turns up a lot of stuff related
            to PostgreSQL, with a couple of hits related to the paging code of the
            various *BSD unix flavors. The webalizer does not contain an error
            message anything close to what you are getting, so it must be some other
            external process that is being called along with your webaizer processing.

            --

            On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, LaMonte Forthun wrote:

            > Hi Brad,
            >
            > No, I'm on Red Hat Linux v7.3.
            >
            > Here's what I get:
            >
            > /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer:
            >
            > Processing back-bull.com
            > HASH: Out of overflow pages. Increase page size
            >
            > On some of the sites it gives me 50 lines of the HASH... Error, on some,
            > non, some 1 or 2, etc.
            >
            > Since it's processing the sites by Webalizer I thought I'd start here and
            > see if anyone had run into this before...
            >
            > Thanks much
            > --
            > LaMonte Forthun
            >

            > > Message: 3
            > > Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:48:32 -0400 (EDT)
            > > From: "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...>
            > > Subject: Re: Out of overflow pages...
            > >

            > >> Each day when my logs are processed by Webalizer, I get numerous lines in my
            > >> Cron Daemon report that say:
            > >>
            > >> HASH: Out of overflow pages. Increase page size
            > >
            > > I don't believe that is a webalizer error. Are you running FreeBSD?
            > >
            > > --
            > > Bradford L. Barrett brad@...
            > > A free electron in a sea of neutrons DoD#1750 KD4NAW
            > >
            > > The only thing Micro$oft has done for society, is make people
            > > believe that computers are inherently unreliable.

            How do you give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt when you
            know that if you were to throw it in a room with truth, you'd
            risk a matter/anti-matter explosion? -- Nicholas Petreley IDG