Re: [webalizer] Changes of visit calculation logic at V2.01 (PageType)

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16, 2004
      Oh, I forgot one detail.

      There is a PageType keyword in webalizer.conf. This
      defines what kind of files are counted as visits.

      In the default webalizer.conf you have only two page
      types defined: all the pages with extension starting
      with "htm", and files with extension ".cgi"

      PageType htm*
      PageType cgi

      In the example from before, the one about the ".doc"
      document visited from google, if you wanted all .doc
      documents to be counted as visits then you can add
      this to your webalizer.conf:

      PageType doc

      This way that hit from google would have been counted
      as a visit, even if only a single hit was registered
      in the server from that IP. (it is your decision
      whether you want or not to count that as a visit,
      there are several opinions about this. just do at your
      convenience)

      If you have a dinamic server with PHP files, then your
      webpages will have ".php" extension, and you need to
      add "PageType php" to your webalizer.conf, or you
      could find that you have no visits at all, because
      only ".htm", ".html" and ".cgi" pages are counted as
      visits.

      "http://www.google.com.mx/search?q=WORD+STAR%2F+capacidades%2Cutilizacion+y+versiones&ie=UTF-8&hl=es

      =====

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail