Re: [webalizer] searchengines, referrers and browsers - newbie

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2004
      --- chillipowder199 <hit102@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > i am a (almost) complete newbie working with
      > webalizer. Webalizer is
      > already setup, but i dont get very many informations
      > from my
      > reports. What i am looking for is:
      >
      > 1. Where do my visitors come from. I think this is
      > called refering
      > sites?
      >
      > 2. Which search engines are directing surfer/traffic
      > to my page?
      >
      > 3. What are the relevant keywords entered at the
      > search engines by
      > the customer coming to my site.
      >
      > I am using webalizer on win2003

      Hello, you are probably using a log format that
      doesn't include the referrer information. Because the
      referrers are never written in the log file in the
      first place, webalizer never gets a chance to even see
      the information you are requesting from it. (for
      example, the keywords from the search engines are in
      the referrers).

      Search the yahoogroups page for keywords like "W3C".
      There are several old messages that discuss which log
      format should be used in windows.

      =====

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail