searchengines, referrers and browsers - newbie

  • chillipowder199
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2004
      Hello,

      i am a (almost) complete newbie working with webalizer. Webalizer is
      already setup, but i dont get very many informations from my
      reports. What i am looking for is:

      1. Where do my visitors come from. I think this is called refering
      sites?

      2. Which search engines are directing surfer/traffic to my page?

      3. What are the relevant keywords entered at the search engines by
      the customer coming to my site.

      I am using webalizer on win2003

      Thanks for any help
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2004
        --- chillipowder199 <hit102@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > i am a (almost) complete newbie working with
        > webalizer. Webalizer is
        > already setup, but i dont get very many informations
        > from my
        > reports. What i am looking for is:
        >
        > 1. Where do my visitors come from. I think this is
        > called refering
        > sites?
        >
        > 2. Which search engines are directing surfer/traffic
        > to my page?
        >
        > 3. What are the relevant keywords entered at the
        > search engines by
        > the customer coming to my site.
        >
        > I am using webalizer on win2003

        Hello, you are probably using a log format that
        doesn't include the referrer information. Because the
        referrers are never written in the log file in the
        first place, webalizer never gets a chance to even see
        the information you are requesting from it. (for
        example, the keywords from the search engines are in
        the referrers).

        Search the yahoogroups page for keywords like "W3C".
        There are several old messages that discuss which log
        format should be used in windows.

        =====

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail