Re: [webalizer] Visits Higher than Sites

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2004
      It is very possible, and quite common to have more sites than visits.
      Visits are triggered on page type requests, sites are counted regardless
      of what the request is for. For example, if you host your own images
      on e-bay, you will have lots of sites making requests for those images
      which are added to the sites total, but never put a dent in the visits
      total. Make sense? Of course it does.. those sites are not visiting your
      web server, they are visiting e-bay.. all they know is that some images
      pop up while surfing around e-bay, and could care less from where or how
      those images show up.

      --

      On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Randall Perry wrote:

      > Uhhh...isn't it vice-versa? Sites (distinct Ips) should not be higher than
      > Visits (# of times distinct Ips visited). At most they should be equal,
      > right?
      >
      > I'm asking because I have one site with higher Sites than Visits.

    • Randall Perry
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2004
        Ah-ha. I get it.

        --