Re: [webalizer] Visits Higher than Sites

  • Randall Perry
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2004
      Uhhh...isn't it vice-versa? Sites (distinct Ips) should not be higher than
      Visits (# of times distinct Ips visited). At most they should be equal,
      right?

      I'm asking because I have one site with higher Sites than Visits.

      --
      Randall Perry
      sysTame

      Xserve Web Hosting/Co-location
      Website Design/Development
      WebObjects Hosting
      Mac Consulting/Sales

      http://www.systame.com/
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2004
        It is very possible, and quite common to have more sites than visits.
        Visits are triggered on page type requests, sites are counted regardless
        of what the request is for. For example, if you host your own images
        on e-bay, you will have lots of sites making requests for those images
        which are added to the sites total, but never put a dent in the visits
        total. Make sense? Of course it does.. those sites are not visiting your
        web server, they are visiting e-bay.. all they know is that some images
        pop up while surfing around e-bay, and could care less from where or how
        those images show up.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2004
          Ah-ha. I get it.