Logfiles with multiple formats

  • Jonas Mixter
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2004
      Hi!
      I have a lot of logfiles that I would like to process. The files are from
      different sites on the same server, and I would like to see how the entire
      server is working.
      The logs are from an IIS-server (5.0) and I use the w3c-patch to build the
      statistics (on a Linux-machine).

      I've tried to 'cat' all the logfiles togheter, 'sort' them and then feed the
      result to webalizer. This works fine for the logfiles for the last 4 months.
      Before that I had the referrer logging turned on for one site only. Since
      the logfile are sorted by time and date, the rows fed to webalizer is a huge
      mess with referrers on some rows, and without referrers on other rows.
      The result of this is that webalizer ignores most of the rows (the ones
      without referrers I think).
      According to the information about the patch, it should be possible to
      change the format within the logfile. However, the rows describing the
      format is sorted to and end up in the top of the logfile.

      I could analyze the logs for all the sites but thisone, but are there then
      any way to add the stat from another site later? Could one change the date
      at row 2 in webalizer.current, or would that mess things up? Could I
      instruct webalizer to do incremental processing, but don't ignore rows that
      are older than the newest one?
      Are there any IIS to clf-converter that one could use? Then I would get the
      same format of every row and be able to analyse them.
      I would be thankful for any help regarding this...

      Best regards, Jonas Mixter