Re: [webalizer] using old logs

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
      Just re-process your old logs on the new server.

      --

      On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, sdturner4 wrote:

      > i recently moved my webserver from a shared hosting site to a
      > colocated site. now i have to produce my own statistics. i have the
      > access logs from my old webserver but webalizer is not including them
      > in the statistics it produces. so basically i have statistics for july
      > but would like to include apr, may, and june as well. how do i get
      > webalizer to read and create reports using these old log files?
    • Rich Turner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
        i have put the old logs in the log directory and it looks like webalizer
        is ignoring them.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
          > i have put the old logs in the log directory and it looks like webalizer
          > is ignoring them.

          Of course it is. The program is psychic :)

          Hint: the program only processes logs that you tell it to process. It
          doesn't go off by itself looking for logs at a whim.