using old logs

  • sdturner4
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
      i recently moved my webserver from a shared hosting site to a
      colocated site. now i have to produce my own statistics. i have the
      access logs from my old webserver but webalizer is not including them
      in the statistics it produces. so basically i have statistics for july
      but would like to include apr, may, and june as well. how do i get
      webalizer to read and create reports using these old log files?
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
        Just re-process your old logs on the new server.

        --

        On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, sdturner4 wrote:

        > i recently moved my webserver from a shared hosting site to a
        > colocated site. now i have to produce my own statistics. i have the
        > access logs from my old webserver but webalizer is not including them
        > in the statistics it produces. so basically i have statistics for july
        > but would like to include apr, may, and june as well. how do i get
        > webalizer to read and create reports using these old log files?
      • Rich Turner
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
          i have put the old logs in the log directory and it looks like webalizer
          is ignoring them.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
            > i have put the old logs in the log directory and it looks like webalizer
            > is ignoring them.

            Of course it is. The program is psychic :)

            Hint: the program only processes logs that you tell it to process. It
            doesn't go off by itself looking for logs at a whim.