Processing missed logs?

  • f_holub
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2004
      Last month I had a hardware failure on my server and had to switch to
      a temporary "server" for several days... After getting a new server
      up and running, I had to reconfigure webalizer for processing CLF
      files from Apache instead of IIS logs and a few other things.
      Anyway, I forgot to merge the logs from the temporary server to the
      logs from the new server before processing them with webalizer. So...
      I now have a multi-day hole in my reports...

      Is there any way to get webalizer to fill in the hole or at least get
      it to reprocess the data from the date of the problem with the "good"
      reprocessed data?

      Thanks
      Frank
    • Fabien Chevalier
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2004
        f_holub wrote:

        >Last month I had a hardware failure on my server and had to switch to
        >a temporary "server" for several days... After getting a new server
        >up and running, I had to reconfigure webalizer for processing CLF
        >files from Apache instead of IIS logs and a few other things.
        >Anyway, I forgot to merge the logs from the temporary server to the
        >logs from the new server before processing them with webalizer. So...
        >I now have a multi-day hole in my reports...
        >
        >Is there any way to get webalizer to fill in the hole or at least get
        >it to reprocess the data from the date of the problem with the "good"
        >reprocessed data?
        >
        >Thanks
        >Frank

        Hi,

        I'm afraid there is no way to "fill the hole" but to reprocess all the logs
        from the beginning of the month. :-(

        Fabien
      • f_holub
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2004
          I don't have a problem with that. I just didn't want to have to
          reprocess three YEARS worth! Are there some files I need to tweak,
          edit, delete to get the last months worth of logs to reprocess?

          Frank

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Fabien Chevalier <fabien@j...>