how to process the daily squid log files

  • rathidevi2k
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2004
      hi,
      Can someone help me to solve this problem.
      I need to process my squid log files daily and generate html
      reports.
      I have configured webalizer as follows
      Incremental = yes.
      Incremental name = webalizer.current.
      and in crond i run a script to process the log files

      The script is as follows:
      cd /tmp/temp # Directory in which i want the output of webalizer
      cat /var/log/squid/access.log.2|/usr/local/bin/webalizer -F squid

      I am not still able to get daily reports.
      Kindly help me to sort out this
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
        --- rathidevi2k <rathidevi2k@...> wrote:
        > hi,
        > Can someone help me to solve this problem.
        > I need to process my squid log files daily and
        > generate html
        > reports.
        > I have configured webalizer as follows
        > Incremental = yes.
        > Incremental name = webalizer.current.
        > and in crond i run a script to process the log
        > files
        >
        > The script is as follows:
        > cd /tmp/temp # Directory in which i want the
        > output of webalizer
        > cat
        > /var/log/squid/access.log.2|/usr/local/bin/webalizer
        > -F squid
        >
        > I am not still able to get daily reports.
        > Kindly help me to sort out this

        I'm not sure, but I think that webalizer doesn't
        accept logfiles being fed to it in the standard input.
        Instead of:

        /var/log/squid/access.log.2|/usr/local/bin/webalizer
        -F squid

        use:

        /usr/local/webalizer -F squid
        /var/log/squid/access.log.2

        This invocation will work for sure. Bye.

        =====

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail