specify LogFile path

  • Andreas Mettler
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2004
      I try to specify the path D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\ for a specific site in
      my.conf file. There are dayly changing logfiles called ex040626.log,
      ex040627.log, ex040628, etc.

      I tried the following LogFile commands without success (with and
      without using "Incremental yes")

      LogFile D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\ex040627.log
      LogFile D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\exyymmdd.log
      LogFile D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\exYYMMDD.log
      LogFile D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\*.log
      LogFile D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\*.*
      LogFile D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\

      Webalizer always used to use the logfiles of my default page in
      D:\Logfiles\W3SVC1\

      All other commands of the .conf file work.
      How can I specify this path?

      Thank you for your help.
      Andreas Mettler
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
        --- Andreas Mettler <mettlerweb@...> wrote:
        > I try to specify the path D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\ for a
        > specific site in
        > my.conf file. There are dayly changing logfiles
        > called ex040626.log,
        > ex040627.log, ex040628, etc.
        >
        > I tried the following LogFile commands without
        > success (with and
        > without using "Incremental yes")
        >
        > LogFile D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\ex040627.log
        > LogFile D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\exyymmdd.log
        > LogFile D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\exYYMMDD.log
        > LogFile D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\*.log
        > LogFile D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\*.*
        > LogFile D:\Logfiles\W3SVC3\
        >
        > Webalizer always used to use the logfiles of my
        > default page in
        > D:\Logfiles\W3SVC1\
        >
        > All other commands of the .conf file work.
        > How can I specify this path?
        >
        > Thank you for your help.
        > Andreas Mettler

        Use this .bat file to process the filenames. Read the
        comments on it. Do you have Windows NT?

        *********COPY & PASTE BELOW HERE********

        @ echo on

        :: Only Windows NT. (because of the /F option on
        "for")
        :: Only filenames with no spaces on them.

        ::This .bat file will create a file called
        :: "ordered_listing" in the upper directory "..\"
        :: and dump on it an ordered list of the
        :: filenames in the actual directory ".\" .
        :: Then it will parse the file line per line,
        :: executing webalizer for each line.

        :: Change ".\" and "..\" for fixed paths if you
        :: want to execute the file from anywhere.

        :: Information obtained from:
        :: http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

        dir .\ /O /B > ../ordered_listing
        for /F %%v in (../ordered_listing) do webalizer %%v

        *******END OF .BAT FILE**************

        =====

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail