Re: [webalizer] Wrong year showing into reports

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2004
      --- Fabien Chevalier <fabien@...>
      wrote:
      > Claude Berube wrote:
      >

      > > I ran webaliser on my site and it is giving me
      > "March 2003" data
      > > instead of the current years data. All the
      > current year months are OK
      > > except for this one.
      > >
      > > I am pretty shure the data is really the one of
      > march 2003. Now what
      > > happened with march 2004 data.
      > >
      > > I wonder what could have caused this to happen.
      > >
      > > Does anybody have any clues about this problem.
      > >

      > > CLAUDE
      > >
      > Claude,
      > There is 99.999% chances that webalizer has no
      > problem at all and that
      > you did something wrong
      > somewhere !
      > You should provide more information, otherwise
      > nobody will be able to
      > help you.
      >
      > Cheer,
      >
      > Fabien

      Most probably, his incremental data is corrupted. He
      should delete the webalizer.hist and webalizer.current
      files and re-run all logs in cronological order, first
      older (and, of course, make a backup before doing so,
      because his past stats will be lost when deleting the
      incremental data files). If the error appears again
      then that means that the error was not in the
      incremental data but in the log files themselves. He
      should then delete the incremental data again and feed
      the log files one by one, checking each time when the
      error appears. When the error appears, check by hand
      the log file, and check for problems. For instance, an
      entry saying May/2003/ instead of May/2004/, or the
      log files for May 2003 and May 2004 getting swapped.

      Actually, mosts weird problems in webalizer are caused
      by incremental data going hairwire. Re-creating the
      stats from raw log files is also faster than
      hand-checking the log files, so the deletion of
      incremental data is the first thing I recommend people
      to do :) That's why you need a backup of your log
      files: if the incremental data gets corrupted, then
      you can re-create it by getting webalizer to analyze
      again the log files. You may also wish to preserve
      them for historical purposes, so you can show people
      how your website took off.

      Please, Claude, tell us if deleting the incremental
      data worked for you.

      =====

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail