Wrong year showing into reports

  • Claude Berube
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2004
      Wrong year showing into reports

      I ran webaliser on my site and it is giving me "March 2003" data instead of the current years data.  All the current year months are OK except for this one.

      I am pretty shure the data is really the one of march 2003.  Now what happened with march 2004 data.

      I wonder what could have caused this to happen.

      Does anybody have any clues about this problem.

      CLAUDE

    • Fabien Chevalier
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2004
        Claude Berube wrote:
        Wrong year showing into reports

        I ran webaliser on my site and it is giving me "March 2003" data instead of the current years data.  All the current year months are OK except for this one.

        I am pretty shure the data is really the one of march 2003.  Now what happened with march 2004 data.

        I wonder what could have caused this to happen.

        Does anybody have any clues about this problem.

        CLAUDE

        Claude,
        There is 99.999% chances that webalizer has no problem at all and that you did something wrong
        somewhere !
        You should provide more information, otherwise nobody will be able to help you.

        Cheer,

        Fabien
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 22, 2004
          --- Fabien Chevalier <fabien@...>
          wrote:
          > Claude Berube wrote:
          >

          > > I ran webaliser on my site and it is giving me
          > "March 2003" data
          > > instead of the current years data. All the
          > current year months are OK
          > > except for this one.
          > >
          > > I am pretty shure the data is really the one of
          > march 2003. Now what
          > > happened with march 2004 data.
          > >
          > > I wonder what could have caused this to happen.
          > >
          > > Does anybody have any clues about this problem.
          > >

          > > CLAUDE
          > >
          > Claude,
          > There is 99.999% chances that webalizer has no
          > problem at all and that
          > you did something wrong
          > somewhere !
          > You should provide more information, otherwise
          > nobody will be able to
          > help you.
          >
          > Cheer,
          >
          > Fabien

          Most probably, his incremental data is corrupted. He
          should delete the webalizer.hist and webalizer.current
          files and re-run all logs in cronological order, first
          older (and, of course, make a backup before doing so,
          because his past stats will be lost when deleting the
          incremental data files). If the error appears again
          then that means that the error was not in the
          incremental data but in the log files themselves. He
          should then delete the incremental data again and feed
          the log files one by one, checking each time when the
          error appears. When the error appears, check by hand
          the log file, and check for problems. For instance, an
          entry saying May/2003/ instead of May/2004/, or the
          log files for May 2003 and May 2004 getting swapped.

          Actually, mosts weird problems in webalizer are caused
          by incremental data going hairwire. Re-creating the
          stats from raw log files is also faster than
          hand-checking the log files, so the deletion of
          incremental data is the first thing I recommend people
          to do :) That's why you need a backup of your log
          files: if the incremental data gets corrupted, then
          you can re-create it by getting webalizer to analyze
          again the log files. You may also wish to preserve
          them for historical purposes, so you can show people
          how your website took off.

          Please, Claude, tell us if deleting the incremental
          data worked for you.

          =====

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail