re: Counting hits - using something in conjunction with Webalizer

  • Guy Merritt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2004
      This is off-topic but a recent post to this list included a statement
      that someone
      just wanted "to count hits" to thier website. I use Webalizer, and it's
      great, but I also use something called AXS administrator (used it for
      years) which is a very elegant, simple program for this purpose. It
      simply requires that you paste a short java script in the bottom of a
      page. It's an incedibly reliable tool and gives a lot of different
      kinds of info regarding site hits. If nothing else, it gives you a clue
      to possible config probs - if stats differ wildly between the 2
      reporting systems you know there's a problem with the configuration of
      something (AXS admin requires almost no configuration whatsoever....).

      Just a thought - as I said, I'm a big fan of Webalizer and wouldnt be
      without it - sounds like your configuration file is screwed
      up..........but you'd probably like AXS administrator, too.
      Other than editing the config file to not count local hits, as I've
      said, there is virtually no configuration...

      Guy Merritt