Re: [webalizer] Shipping logs from IIS to Unix

  • sam harris
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2004

      thanks, I forgot to mention firewall zones, I have to cross zones, which means a nightmare with MS shares and Netbios, or ftp which mean clear text transmission ( I think)...

      So, I may start thinking emailing from IIS...(I think!)

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2004
        While this has absolutely _nothing_ to do with the webalizer, if you are
        unable to set up samba (which btw, of the thousands of samba boxes I have
        configured over the years, have yet to experience any 'agony' over doing
        so.. actually, quite the opposite), just use scp or similar.

        --

        On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, sam harris wrote:

        > thanks, I forgot to mention firewall zones, I have to cross zones, which
        > means a nightmare with MS shares and Netbios, or ftp which mean clear
        > text transmission ( I think)...
        >
        > So, I may start thinking emailing from IIS...(I think!)

      • sam harris
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2004

          some of us are just plain mediocre at confguring "Samba"..LOL.

          actually your idea of "scp" is an excellent idea. I will then open a hole for port 22, then script a vb script for dynamic naming of the log to be copyed over to the RH server, I think this is what you meant.

          Thanks.

          PS: thousands os samba configured...(hats off to you )..:)

          While this has absolutely _nothing_ to do with the webalizer, if you are
          unable to set up samba (which btw, of the thousands of samba boxes I have
          configured over the years, have yet to experience any 'agony' over doing
          so.. actually, quite the opposite), just use scp or similar.

          --

          On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, sam harris wrote:

          > thanks, I forgot to mention firewall zones, I have to cross zones, which
          > means a nightmare with MS shares and Netbios, or ftp which mean clear
          > text transmission ( I think)...
          >
          > So, I may start thinking emailing from IIS...(I think!)

          ttp://www.webalizer.org

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          click here

          Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
          http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

        • simon benedict
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 9, 2004
            hi,

            Hi I am having a similar setup . I am having an automated ftp script running on my windows iis server which ftp's to my red hat box running webalizer and i run a schedular to ftp my iis logs and also a couple of minutes latter run a cron job on my red hat box and working perfect.

            try automating ftp

            good luck

            regards

            simon

            sam harris <samharris@...> wrote:

            I am wondering how I can ship (move) IIS logs from multiple servers to my Red Hat server (running webalizer), without going thru the agony of configuring Samba ?

            any ideas ?

            Sam.

            Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
            http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup