Re: [webalizer] Warning: Truncating oversized referrer field

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
      Hello:

      It seems that the format of your logfile is wrong.

      Are you using the apache web server? I posted some
      info here about how put the correct log format in
      apache. Read the message and also read the replies to
      it. Check that your httpd.conf is correct:

      If it does not help, then I'll need more info to help
      you: the name of the server program, a extract of its
      config file, and a copy&paste of a pair of lines of
      the log file (so we can see what log format your
      server is using). I can't help you right now because
      you didn't give enough info. Post more info.

      Bye

      --- txtbudi <bill.carr@...> wrote:
      > Hi I am running webalizer on a Linux machine
      > (Enterprise server).
      > When I view the web stats produced, the Referrers
      > shows what should
      > be in the Agents details.
      > Also, there is no Search Engine data, and the Agents
      > data is also
      > missing.
      >
      > When I manually run Webalizer I keep getting the
      > error "Warning:
      > Truncating oversized referrer field".
      >
      > Any ideas how to stop this?
      >
      > THanks