Warning: Truncating oversized referrer field

  • txtbudi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
      Hi I am running webalizer on a Linux machine (Enterprise server).
      When I view the web stats produced, the Referrers shows what should
      be in the Agents details.
      Also, there is no Search Engine data, and the Agents data is also
      missing.

      When I manually run Webalizer I keep getting the error "Warning:
      Truncating oversized referrer field".

      Any ideas how to stop this?

      THanks
      Bill
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
        Hello:

        It seems that the format of your logfile is wrong.

        Are you using the apache web server? I posted some
        info here about how put the correct log format in
        apache. Read the message and also read the replies to
        it. Check that your httpd.conf is correct:

        If it does not help, then I'll need more info to help
        you: the name of the server program, a extract of its
        config file, and a copy&paste of a pair of lines of
        the log file (so we can see what log format your
        server is using). I can't help you right now because
        you didn't give enough info. Post more info.

        Bye

        --- txtbudi <bill.carr@...> wrote:
        > Hi I am running webalizer on a Linux machine
        > (Enterprise server).
        > When I view the web stats produced, the Referrers
        > shows what should
        > be in the Agents details.
        > Also, there is no Search Engine data, and the Agents
        > data is also
        > missing.
        >
        > When I manually run Webalizer I keep getting the
        > error "Warning:
        > Truncating oversized referrer field".
        >
        > Any ideas how to stop this?
        >
        > THanks