Re: [webalizer] Webalizer counts hits from my LAN - how to stop this....?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3 1:07 AM
      --- "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...> wrote:

      > > Just wanted to say thanks - I simply edited the
      > config file with "IgnoreSite
      > > 192.168*" and it quit counting those hits - thanks
      > again.......
      >
      > And unfortunately, has caused you to start producing
      > inaccurate stats :(

      About accurate stats...

      I usually set webalizer to ignore several things:
      visits from the lan, spidering from search engines,
      atempts to exploit vulnerabilities and web pages
      intenden to be visited just by administratos.

      To measure the real load on the server I have a
      separate stat where I am not ignoring anything.

      Not ignoring: 604 visits/day
      Ignoring : 457 visits/day

      This means that a 25% of the visits come from
      non-human visitors, from people inside the lan or from
      a spammer/hacker scanner. That's a 30% of the total
      hits to the server.

      While webalizer is a server load analyzer, it is very
      nice that it can be configured to serve different
      purposes; purposes like web site analysis and others.

      I set the "nice/filtered" stats for people who only
      needs/wants to see the real human visitors, and then I
      set also the "true" stats for administration purposes.
      This is useful for the people here.

      =====
      GRIHO enhanced webalizer.conf

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/