Re: [webalizer] Webalizer counts hits from my LAN - how to stop this....?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
      > Just wanted to say thanks - I simply edited the config file with "IgnoreSite
      > 192.168*" and it quit counting those hits - thanks again.......

      And unfortunately, has caused you to start producing inaccurate stats :(

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
        --- "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...> wrote:

        > > Just wanted to say thanks - I simply edited the
        > config file with "IgnoreSite
        > > 192.168*" and it quit counting those hits - thanks
        > again.......
        >
        > And unfortunately, has caused you to start producing
        > inaccurate stats :(

        About accurate stats...

        I usually set webalizer to ignore several things:
        visits from the lan, spidering from search engines,
        atempts to exploit vulnerabilities and web pages
        intenden to be visited just by administratos.

        To measure the real load on the server I have a
        separate stat where I am not ignoring anything.

        Not ignoring: 604 visits/day
        Ignoring : 457 visits/day

        This means that a 25% of the visits come from
        non-human visitors, from people inside the lan or from
        a spammer/hacker scanner. That's a 30% of the total
        hits to the server.

        While webalizer is a server load analyzer, it is very
        nice that it can be configured to serve different
        purposes; purposes like web site analysis and others.

        I set the "nice/filtered" stats for people who only
        needs/wants to see the real human visitors, and then I
        set also the "true" stats for administration purposes.
        This is useful for the people here.

        =====
        GRIHO enhanced webalizer.conf

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/