Re: [webalizer] Webalizer counts hits from my LAN - how to stop this....?

  • Guy Merritt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2 9:30 AM
      Just wanted to say thanks - I simply edited the config file with "IgnoreSite
      192.168*" and it quit counting those hits - thanks again.......

      Guy Merritt
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2 10:12 AM
        > Just wanted to say thanks - I simply edited the config file with "IgnoreSite
        > 192.168*" and it quit counting those hits - thanks again.......

        And unfortunately, has caused you to start producing inaccurate stats :(

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3 1:07 AM
          --- "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...> wrote:

          > > Just wanted to say thanks - I simply edited the
          > config file with "IgnoreSite
          > > 192.168*" and it quit counting those hits - thanks
          > again.......
          >
          > And unfortunately, has caused you to start producing
          > inaccurate stats :(

          About accurate stats...

          I usually set webalizer to ignore several things:
          visits from the lan, spidering from search engines,
          atempts to exploit vulnerabilities and web pages
          intenden to be visited just by administratos.

          To measure the real load on the server I have a
          separate stat where I am not ignoring anything.

          Not ignoring: 604 visits/day
          Ignoring : 457 visits/day

          This means that a 25% of the visits come from
          non-human visitors, from people inside the lan or from
          a spammer/hacker scanner. That's a 30% of the total
          hits to the server.

          While webalizer is a server load analyzer, it is very
          nice that it can be configured to serve different
          purposes; purposes like web site analysis and others.

          I set the "nice/filtered" stats for people who only
          needs/wants to see the real human visitors, and then I
          set also the "true" stats for administration purposes.
          This is useful for the people here.

          =====