Re: GroupDomain

  • enventa2000
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2004
      Hello:

      > for groupind a domain (ex: www.xxx.pl) we have to put this domain on
      >the GroupSite tag only or we have a GroupDoman tag ( GroupDomain
      >www.xxx.pl alias)?

      To group domains you only need the GrouoSite tag.

      > i'm using a clf log format without dns cache, so i get the ip on
      >table sites, this influence the result of the GroupDomain

      The GroupSite keyword matches substrings in the visitor's site name:

      Using this:

      GroupSite .polo.com Visitors from within the polo.com domain

      You will match these sites in the log files:

      210.15.32.12.reverse.polo.com
      cache.polo.com
      d.s3223.polo.com.webcache

      If there only IPs, then the sites in the log files would be:

      219.3.12.34
      154.12.32.1
      194.21.134.2

      and they would most obviously not match at all.

      If the domain names are not in the logs, and there is no DNS
      resolving, then webalizer cannot know what domains correspond to what
      IPs. It would need an enormous database relating IPs with domains.

      You need to either activate the DNS cache or to resolve the IPs in the
      archived logs using some tool like logresolve or others. You can
      resolve the logs once, and leave them that way, so you don't need to
      resolve them any more.

      Bye.