Re: [webalizer] Inherited Config

    Message 1 of 11 , May 19, 2004
      AllURLs yes

      --

      Message 2 of 11 , May 19, 2004
        You could increase the TopURLs value so that those
        pages appear in the listing and then group those pages
        so they appear grayed to increase visibility.

        GroupURL /images/index-0.htm
        HideURL /images/index-0.htm

        GroupURL /forums/topics/user-index-0.php
        HideURL /forums/topics/user-index-0.php

        Be aware that these keywords are matching substrings,
        so things like this would group both pages together:

        GroupURL index-0.
        HideURL index-0.

        --- Tim Chetelat <tim@...> wrote:
        > Hey everyone. First question here... I inherited
        > an existing site /
        > webalizer install. The only thing I need to do
        > right now is have it report
        > on 1 or 2 pages in addition to the Top 20 that show
        > up now. What do I need
        > to do, to have it report stats on individual pages?
        > Any help would be
        > greatly appreciated, thank you!
        >
        > Tim Chetelat
        > tim@...
        > http://www.twisted-reality.com/

        =====
        GRIHO enhanced webalizer.conf

        http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
        Message 3 of 11 , May 19, 2004
          --- "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...> wrote:

          > AllURLs yes

          This creates a complete list that you can use, but you
          may need to create a "nice looking" list, so that
          other people (clientes or supervisors), may easily
          find the info they are looking for. You sometimes need
          to chew the information for them, so you could grep
          the file the list is in and create a nice report.

          If you give them that list and tell them to search for
          the URL by hand, they will probably never do it,
          because there is so much info in it that they will
          feel overhelmed.

          =====
          GRIHO enhanced webalizer.conf

          http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
        • Fabien Chevalier
          Message 4 of 11 , May 19, 2004
            Tim Chetelat wrote:

            >Hey everyone. First question here... I inherited an existing site /
            >webalizer install. The only thing I need to do right now is have it report
            >on 1 or 2 pages in addition to the Top 20 that show up now. What do I need
            >to do, to have it report stats on individual pages? Any help would be
            >greatly appreciated, thank you!
            >
            >Tim Chetelat
            >tim@...
            >http://www.twisted-reality.com/

            Hello,

            For this you can try the enhanced webalizer from Luc L. Suryo.
            It does just what you want.

            Drop him a note, he'll tell you where you can download it:
            Luc I. Suryo <luc@...>

            Cheers,

            Fabien Chevalier
          • Fabien Chevalier
            Message 5 of 11 , May 19, 2004
              >Hello,
              >
              >For this you can try the enhanced webalizer from Luc L. Suryo.
              >It does just what you want.
              >
              >Drop him a note, he'll tell you where you can download it:
              >Luc I. Suryo <luc@...>
              >
              >Cheers,
              >
              >Fabien Chevalier

              Replying to myself,
              It looks like i understood your question the wrong way. :-(
              Just follow what Enric told you, he's hopefully right :-)

              Fabien
            • Tim Chetelat
              Message 6 of 11 , May 19, 2004
                Thank you all for the quick replies. I will initially try Bradford's
                suggestion, and show them the wonders of CTRL-F. Only issue now is I (at
                this point) only have ftp access, not shell. Is there any other way to
                restart Webalizer without shell access?

                Message 7 of 11 , May 19, 2004
                  > Thank you all for the quick replies. I will initially try Bradford's
                  > suggestion, and show them the wonders of CTRL-F. Only issue now is I (at
                  > this point) only have ftp access, not shell. Is there any other way to
                  > restart Webalizer without shell access?

                  The program does not run continuously, so there really isn't anything
                  to 'restart'. If you want to flush the results and start fresh from this
                  point on, then just remove the files in the output directory and wait
                  until the next time the program runs.