Re: [webalizer] platform question

    Message 1 of 11 , May 19, 2004
      > This is my first question. Being a newcomer and not totally acquainted
      > with Webalizer, I want to know whether it is designed for only UNIX
      > families or can be used for Windows too. Can anybody elaborate on that?

      The webalizer runs across pretty much every platform out there except
      MacOS (MacOSX is however supported). There is a win32 binary available
      on our web/ftp site.

    • Tim Chetelat
      Message 2 of 11 , May 19, 2004
        Hey everyone. First question here... I inherited an existing site /
        webalizer install. The only thing I need to do right now is have it report
        on 1 or 2 pages in addition to the Top 20 that show up now. What do I need
        to do, to have it report stats on individual pages? Any help would be
        greatly appreciated, thank you!

        Tim Chetelat
        tim@...
        http://www.twisted-reality.com/
        Message 3 of 11 , May 19, 2004
          AllURLs yes

          Message 4 of 11 , May 19, 2004
            You could increase the TopURLs value so that those
            pages appear in the listing and then group those pages
            so they appear grayed to increase visibility.

            GroupURL /images/index-0.htm
            HideURL /images/index-0.htm

            GroupURL /forums/topics/user-index-0.php
            HideURL /forums/topics/user-index-0.php

            Be aware that these keywords are matching substrings,
            so things like this would group both pages together:

            GroupURL index-0.
            HideURL index-0.

            --- Tim Chetelat <tim@...> wrote:
            > Hey everyone. First question here... I inherited
            > an existing site /
            > webalizer install. The only thing I need to do
            > right now is have it report
            > on 1 or 2 pages in addition to the Top 20 that show
            > up now. What do I need
            > to do, to have it report stats on individual pages?
            > Any help would be
            > greatly appreciated, thank you!
            >
            > Tim Chetelat
            > tim@...
            > http://www.twisted-reality.com/

            =====
            GRIHO enhanced webalizer.conf

            http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
            Message 5 of 11 , May 19, 2004
              --- "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...> wrote:

              > AllURLs yes

              This creates a complete list that you can use, but you
              may need to create a "nice looking" list, so that
              other people (clientes or supervisors), may easily
              find the info they are looking for. You sometimes need
              to chew the information for them, so you could grep
              the file the list is in and create a nice report.

              If you give them that list and tell them to search for
              the URL by hand, they will probably never do it,
              because there is so much info in it that they will
              feel overhelmed.

              =====
              GRIHO enhanced webalizer.conf

              http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
            • Fabien Chevalier
              Message 6 of 11 , May 19, 2004
                Tim Chetelat wrote:

                >Hey everyone. First question here... I inherited an existing site /
                >webalizer install. The only thing I need to do right now is have it report
                >on 1 or 2 pages in addition to the Top 20 that show up now. What do I need
                >to do, to have it report stats on individual pages? Any help would be
                >greatly appreciated, thank you!
                >
                >Tim Chetelat
                >tim@...
                >http://www.twisted-reality.com/

                Hello,

                For this you can try the enhanced webalizer from Luc L. Suryo.
                It does just what you want.

                Drop him a note, he'll tell you where you can download it:
                Luc I. Suryo <luc@...>

                Cheers,

                Fabien Chevalier
              • Fabien Chevalier
                Message 7 of 11 , May 19, 2004
                  >Hello,
                  >
                  >For this you can try the enhanced webalizer from Luc L. Suryo.
                  >It does just what you want.
                  >
                  >Drop him a note, he'll tell you where you can download it:
                  >Luc I. Suryo <luc@...>
                  >
                  >Cheers,
                  >
                  >Fabien Chevalier

                  Replying to myself,
                  It looks like i understood your question the wrong way. :-(
                  Just follow what Enric told you, he's hopefully right :-)

                  Fabien
                • Tim Chetelat
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 19, 2004
                    Thank you all for the quick replies. I will initially try Bradford's
                    suggestion, and show them the wonders of CTRL-F. Only issue now is I (at
                    this point) only have ftp access, not shell. Is there any other way to
                    restart Webalizer without shell access?

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 19, 2004
                      > Thank you all for the quick replies. I will initially try Bradford's
                      > suggestion, and show them the wonders of CTRL-F. Only issue now is I (at
                      > this point) only have ftp access, not shell. Is there any other way to
                      > restart Webalizer without shell access?

                      The program does not run continuously, so there really isn't anything
                      to 'restart'. If you want to flush the results and start fresh from this
                      point on, then just remove the files in the output directory and wait
                      until the next time the program runs.