Re: platform question

  • enventa2000
    Message 1 of 11 , May 18, 2004
      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, sanket brahmbhatt <sanket_brahm@y...
      > wrote:
      > Hello to everybody in the group.
      >
      > This is my first question. Being a newcomer and not totally
      acquainted with Webalizer, I want to know whether it is designed for
      only UNIX families or can be used for Windows too. Can anybody
      elaborate on that?

      There is a NT version. The author of it is in this group.

      Message 2 of 11 , May 19, 2004
        > This is my first question. Being a newcomer and not totally acquainted
        > with Webalizer, I want to know whether it is designed for only UNIX
        > families or can be used for Windows too. Can anybody elaborate on that?

        The webalizer runs across pretty much every platform out there except
        MacOS (MacOSX is however supported). There is a win32 binary available
        on our web/ftp site.

      • Tim Chetelat
        Message 3 of 11 , May 19, 2004
          Hey everyone. First question here... I inherited an existing site /
          webalizer install. The only thing I need to do right now is have it report
          on 1 or 2 pages in addition to the Top 20 that show up now. What do I need
          to do, to have it report stats on individual pages? Any help would be
          greatly appreciated, thank you!

          Tim Chetelat
          tim@...
          http://www.twisted-reality.com/
          Message 4 of 11 , May 19, 2004
            AllURLs yes

            Message 5 of 11 , May 19, 2004
              You could increase the TopURLs value so that those
              pages appear in the listing and then group those pages
              so they appear grayed to increase visibility.

              GroupURL /images/index-0.htm
              HideURL /images/index-0.htm

              GroupURL /forums/topics/user-index-0.php
              HideURL /forums/topics/user-index-0.php

              Be aware that these keywords are matching substrings,
              so things like this would group both pages together:

              GroupURL index-0.
              HideURL index-0.

              --- Tim Chetelat <tim@...> wrote:
              > Hey everyone. First question here... I inherited
              > an existing site /
              > webalizer install. The only thing I need to do
              > right now is have it report
              > on 1 or 2 pages in addition to the Top 20 that show
              > up now. What do I need
              > to do, to have it report stats on individual pages?
              > Any help would be
              > greatly appreciated, thank you!
              >
              > Tim Chetelat
              > tim@...
              > http://www.twisted-reality.com/

              =====
              GRIHO enhanced webalizer.conf

              http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
              Message 6 of 11 , May 19, 2004
                --- "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...> wrote:

                > AllURLs yes

                This creates a complete list that you can use, but you
                may need to create a "nice looking" list, so that
                other people (clientes or supervisors), may easily
                find the info they are looking for. You sometimes need
                to chew the information for them, so you could grep
                the file the list is in and create a nice report.

                If you give them that list and tell them to search for
                the URL by hand, they will probably never do it,
                because there is so much info in it that they will
                feel overhelmed.

                =====
                GRIHO enhanced webalizer.conf

                http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
              • Fabien Chevalier
                Message 7 of 11 , May 19, 2004
                  Tim Chetelat wrote:

                  >Hey everyone. First question here... I inherited an existing site /
                  >webalizer install. The only thing I need to do right now is have it report
                  >on 1 or 2 pages in addition to the Top 20 that show up now. What do I need
                  >to do, to have it report stats on individual pages? Any help would be
                  >greatly appreciated, thank you!
                  >
                  >Tim Chetelat
                  >tim@...
                  >http://www.twisted-reality.com/

                  Hello,

                  For this you can try the enhanced webalizer from Luc L. Suryo.
                  It does just what you want.

                  Drop him a note, he'll tell you where you can download it:
                  Luc I. Suryo <luc@...>

                  Cheers,

                  Fabien Chevalier
                • Fabien Chevalier
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 19, 2004
                    >Hello,
                    >
                    >For this you can try the enhanced webalizer from Luc L. Suryo.
                    >It does just what you want.
                    >
                    >Drop him a note, he'll tell you where you can download it:
                    >Luc I. Suryo <luc@...>
                    >
                    >Cheers,
                    >
                    >Fabien Chevalier

                    Replying to myself,
                    It looks like i understood your question the wrong way. :-(
                    Just follow what Enric told you, he's hopefully right :-)

                    Fabien
                  • Tim Chetelat
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 19, 2004
                      Thank you all for the quick replies. I will initially try Bradford's
                      suggestion, and show them the wonders of CTRL-F. Only issue now is I (at
                      this point) only have ftp access, not shell. Is there any other way to
                      restart Webalizer without shell access?

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 19, 2004
                        > Thank you all for the quick replies. I will initially try Bradford's
                        > suggestion, and show them the wonders of CTRL-F. Only issue now is I (at
                        > this point) only have ftp access, not shell. Is there any other way to
                        > restart Webalizer without shell access?

                        The program does not run continuously, so there really isn't anything
                        to 'restart'. If you want to flush the results and start fresh from this
                        point on, then just remove the files in the output directory and wait
                        until the next time the program runs.