platform question

  • sanket brahmbhatt
    Message 1 of 11 , May 18 7:51 AM
      Hello to everybody in the group.

      This is my first question. Being a newcomer and not totally acquainted with Webalizer, I want to know whether it is designed for only UNIX families or can be used for Windows too. Can anybody elaborate on that?

      Thanks

      Sanket

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • enventa2000
      Message 2 of 11 , May 18 7:59 AM
        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, sanket brahmbhatt <sanket_brahm@y...
        > wrote:
        > Hello to everybody in the group.
        >
        > This is my first question. Being a newcomer and not totally
        acquainted with Webalizer, I want to know whether it is designed for
        only UNIX families or can be used for Windows too. Can anybody
        elaborate on that?

        There is a NT version. The author of it is in this group.

        Message 3 of 11 , May 19 7:04 AM
          > This is my first question. Being a newcomer and not totally acquainted
          > with Webalizer, I want to know whether it is designed for only UNIX
          > families or can be used for Windows too. Can anybody elaborate on that?

          The webalizer runs across pretty much every platform out there except
          MacOS (MacOSX is however supported). There is a win32 binary available
          on our web/ftp site.

        • Tim Chetelat
          Message 4 of 11 , May 19 8:01 AM
            Hey everyone. First question here... I inherited an existing site /
            webalizer install. The only thing I need to do right now is have it report
            on 1 or 2 pages in addition to the Top 20 that show up now. What do I need
            to do, to have it report stats on individual pages? Any help would be
            greatly appreciated, thank you!

            Tim Chetelat
            tim@...
            http://www.twisted-reality.com/
            Message 5 of 11 , May 19 8:19 AM
              AllURLs yes

              Message 6 of 11 , May 19 9:20 AM
                You could increase the TopURLs value so that those
                pages appear in the listing and then group those pages
                so they appear grayed to increase visibility.

                GroupURL /images/index-0.htm
                HideURL /images/index-0.htm

                GroupURL /forums/topics/user-index-0.php
                HideURL /forums/topics/user-index-0.php

                Be aware that these keywords are matching substrings,
                so things like this would group both pages together:

                GroupURL index-0.
                HideURL index-0.

                --- Tim Chetelat <tim@...> wrote:
                > Hey everyone. First question here... I inherited
                > an existing site /
                > webalizer install. The only thing I need to do
                > right now is have it report
                > on 1 or 2 pages in addition to the Top 20 that show
                > up now. What do I need
                > to do, to have it report stats on individual pages?
                > Any help would be
                > greatly appreciated, thank you!
                >
                > Tim Chetelat
                > tim@...
                > http://www.twisted-reality.com/

                =====
                GRIHO enhanced webalizer.conf

                http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
                Message 7 of 11 , May 19 9:31 AM
                  --- "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...> wrote:

                  > AllURLs yes

                  This creates a complete list that you can use, but you
                  may need to create a "nice looking" list, so that
                  other people (clientes or supervisors), may easily
                  find the info they are looking for. You sometimes need
                  to chew the information for them, so you could grep
                  the file the list is in and create a nice report.

                  If you give them that list and tell them to search for
                  the URL by hand, they will probably never do it,
                  because there is so much info in it that they will
                  feel overhelmed.

                  =====
                  GRIHO enhanced webalizer.conf

                  http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
                • Fabien Chevalier
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 19 10:30 AM
                    Tim Chetelat wrote:

                    >Hey everyone. First question here... I inherited an existing site /
                    >webalizer install. The only thing I need to do right now is have it report
                    >on 1 or 2 pages in addition to the Top 20 that show up now. What do I need
                    >to do, to have it report stats on individual pages? Any help would be
                    >greatly appreciated, thank you!
                    >
                    >Tim Chetelat
                    >tim@...
                    >http://www.twisted-reality.com/

                    Hello,

                    For this you can try the enhanced webalizer from Luc L. Suryo.
                    It does just what you want.

                    Drop him a note, he'll tell you where you can download it:
                    Luc I. Suryo <luc@...>

                    Cheers,

                    Fabien Chevalier
                  • Fabien Chevalier
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 19 10:38 AM
                      >Hello,
                      >
                      >For this you can try the enhanced webalizer from Luc L. Suryo.
                      >It does just what you want.
                      >
                      >Drop him a note, he'll tell you where you can download it:
                      >Luc I. Suryo <luc@...>
                      >
                      >Cheers,
                      >
                      >Fabien Chevalier

                      Replying to myself,
                      It looks like i understood your question the wrong way. :-(
                      Just follow what Enric told you, he's hopefully right :-)

                      Fabien
                    • Tim Chetelat
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 19 1:12 PM
                        Thank you all for the quick replies. I will initially try Bradford's
                        suggestion, and show them the wonders of CTRL-F. Only issue now is I (at
                        this point) only have ftp access, not shell. Is there any other way to
                        restart Webalizer without shell access?

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 19 6:18 PM
                          > Thank you all for the quick replies. I will initially try Bradford's
                          > suggestion, and show them the wonders of CTRL-F. Only issue now is I (at
                          > this point) only have ftp access, not shell. Is there any other way to
                          > restart Webalizer without shell access?

                          The program does not run continuously, so there really isn't anything
                          to 'restart'. If you want to flush the results and start fresh from this
                          point on, then just remove the files in the output directory and wait
                          until the next time the program runs.