Logs?

  • Anne
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2004
      What program do you use to read logs? I use wordpad, but it's not so good
      with large logs.

      Also it seems like all of you run your own server - my website is hosted by
      a hosting company, so I have no control over Webalizer functions at all.

      Anne
      http://www.afan.dk
    • waldo kitty
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2004
        Anne wrote:
        > What program do you use to read logs? I use wordpad, but it's not so good
        > with large logs.

        any decent file /viewer/ should work... you don't need an editor just to look... in some cases, i use the old dos based LIST.COM by
        vern buerg... it is available in newer versions and is being updated, IIRC... i believe that there is an obvious url in the name, too ;)

        > Also it seems like all of you run your own server - my website is hosted by
        > a hosting company, so I have no control over Webalizer functions at all.

        that shouldn't really matter as long as you can get to your logs and maintain whatever config options you need to maintain...

        --
        _\/
        (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA