Potential buffer underrun

  • gorizia1
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2001
      Platform: Win32 Webalizer2.01.06.EN.R03
      I have just found a strange behaviour of this release: after having
      processed 250 log files it stops as if there would be no other log file
      present in logfile folder. Testing conditions: 313 log files (corresponding
      to dayly log of about 11 months of year 1999), "RenameLog" not activated,
      "Incremental" activated.
      In order to continue log file process, I had to remove manually some log
      files already processed and re-launch webalizer.

      Did any other else find the same problem ?

      Regards,
      Andrea Cecotti
    • Klaus Mueller
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2001
        Hi,

        I did not try this. But it seems that the files are not closed correctly or
        the maximum number of file handles is reached. 250 is near the limit of 255
        (250 + STDIN + STDOUT + STDERR + CONF File + Output File).

        Klaus
      • Jean-Noel HAYART
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2001
          hi

          yes it's not a trouble but a functionality, i can read only 250 files from a
          folder, cause when i add this new option, i think all user want to process
          log each day, and rename log file for quick process CPU time, but i read
          folder in case of webalizer don't start a night.

          if lot of peaple need, i increase this value i can change to biger value for
          next release.

          regards