Re: wrong data

  • enventa2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18, 2004
      I see:

      You have a symbolic link to the real location of the script. The link
      has the right permissions, but, does the target of the link also have
      them? I mean, perhaps /etc/webalizer/nighty_webalizer has not the
      right permissions set, even if the link does, that's why it won't run.

      I recommend simply doing this (while logged as root):

      "chmod 755 /etc/webalizer/nightly_webalizer"

      Make an "ls -l" to the script itself (not the link) to check that the
      file has now the same permissions as all the other cron scripts.

      If that doesn't still work, then maybe webalizer cannot find the conf
      files. Perhaps it is trying to execute this:

      webalizer -c /etc/cron.daily/12angryarchitects.com.conf

      Probably you want to add this to the script right before the loop:

      cd /etc/webalizer

      If that doen't still work, put the absolute path to the webalizer
      program, just in case the cron daemon doesn't have the right PATH
      variable:

      /usr/bin/webalizer -c $i

      Hum, also, a silly question, shouldn't crond complain about not being
      able to run the webalizer? Or crond complain about webalizer
      complaining of not being able to run? Did you check the root's mail
      with "mail" or "pine" from the root account? (sorry if it is a silly
      question). Perhaps you set "ReallyQuiet yes" in the conf and then
      webalizer won't complain to cron about problems it encounters.

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, <tcranson@c...> wrote:

      > Here is the ls -l :
      >

      > [root@server1 cron.daily]# ls -l
      > total 32
      > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Dec 24 15:17 00-logwatch
      ->
      > ../log.d/scripts/log
      > watch.pl
      > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 135 Jan 25 2003 00webalizer
      > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 276 Jan 24 2003 0anacron
      > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 123 Jan 26 2003
      inn-cron-expire
      > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 51 Jan 24 2003 logrotate
      > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 418 Feb 10 2003 makewhatis.
      cron
      > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 32 Jan 22 14:43
      nightly_webalizer
      > -> /etc/webalizer
      > /nightly_webalizer
      > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 104 Feb 27 2003 rpm
      > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 132 Feb 19 2003 slocate.cron
      > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 193 Feb 10 2003 tmpwatch
      >

      > -----The script is nightly_webalizer: (currently I expanding to hit
      each
      > individually)
      >
      > #!/bin/sh
      >
      > webalizer -c 12angryarchitects.com.conf
      > webalizer -c 2designers.com.conf
      > webalizer -c 4lites.com.conf
      > webalizer -c aboriginalspaceship.com.conf
      > webalizer -c acidcompany.com.conf
      > webalizer -c atmydoor.com.conf
      > webalizer -c cgnd.com.conf
      > webalizer -c cwtsecure.com.conf
      > webalizer -c cybershotcentral.com.conf
      > webalizer -c drbuxbaum.com.conf
      > webalizer -c dundeekennels.com.conf
      > webalizer -c ffinsgib.com.conf
      > webalizer -c franksmauto.com.conf
      > webalizer -c hamptonsvp.com.conf
      > webalizer -c htownband.com.conf
      >
      > -------Here is the original script:
      >

      > #!/bin/sh
      >
      > for i in /etc/webalizer/*.conf
      > do
      > webalizer -c $i
      > done
      >

      > On 4/17/2004, "enventa2000" <enventa2000@y...> wrote:

      > ><tt>
      > >--- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Trey Cranson" <tcranson@c...>
      <BR>
      > >wrote:<BR>
      > >> I installed Webalizer on my server about 2 months ago, and it
      never<BR>
      > >> occurred to me to check to see if everything was functioning <BR>
      > >correctly.<BR>
      > >> Last week, I noticed that the stats for one of my VirtualHosts
      <BR>
      > >contained<BR>
      > >> Top URLs from another one of my VirtualHosts. When I proceeded
      to <BR>
      > >check<BR>
      > >> the other 15 hosts, they all had the same figures. I'm using a
      <BR>
      > >separate<BR>
      > >> .conf file for each and I've implemented the simple for loop
      the<BR>
      > >> webalizer documentation mentioned, but it didn't fix the issue.
      I <BR>
      > >then<BR>
      > >> created separate .hist and .current files for each VirtualHost
      and <BR>
      > >that<BR>
      > >> seemed to work at keeping the log file straight. <BR>
      > >> <BR>
      > >> Now my issue is the running of this for loop using cron.daily.
      It<BR>
      > >> nevers seems to run despite being listed in cron.daily. I can
      run <BR>
      > >it<BR>
      > >> manually as root, but nothing automated. Any ideas?<BR>
      > >> <BR>
      > >> The server is RedHat 9 running Webalizer 2.01<BR>
      > >> <BR>
      > >> Thanks,<BR>
      > >> <BR>
      > >> Trey<BR>
      > ><BR>
      > ><BR>
      > >Not enough info, post the script in cron.daily, and perhaps the
      cron.<BR>
      > >daily and/or webalizer lines entry in your crontab. Surely just a
      <BR>
      > >small detail with the manner you call the script. <BR>
      > >If you make a "ls -l" of the script and copy what it says then much
      <BR>
      > >better. <BR>
      > ><BR>
      > ></tt>

      > ><tt>
      > >Webalizer homepage: <a href="http://www.webalizer.org">http://www.
      webalizer.org</a><BR>
      com/webalizer/">http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/</a><BR>
      > ><BR>
      > ><BR>
      > >ttp://www.webalizer.org<BR>
      > >Webalizer for NT: <a href="http://www.medasys-lille.
      com/webalizer/">http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/</a><BR>
      > ><BR>
      > ><BR>
      > ></tt>
      > >

      > ><!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

      > ><tt><hr width="500">
      > ><ul>
      > ><li>To visit your group on the web, go to:<br><a href="http:
      com/group/webalizer/</a><br>
      > ><li>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<br><a
      href="mailto:webalizer-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?
      //docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.