Re: sites > visits (?)

  • enventa2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2004
      Visitors are the ones that request pages with extensions listed within
      PageType.

      So, if you have defined in webalizer.conf:

      PageType html
      PageType php

      Then, visitors who only request .cgi pages will not be counted as
      visitors. You will however have them counted inside the "hits" stats
      and listed in the "sites" list. The minute they request a .html or .
      php page that will be counted as a visit. A visitor accesing a gif
      file linked from a different server will be counted as just a "hit",
      because they didn't access an extension listed within PageType.

      You probably have some type of page (jsp or php3, for instance) not
      listed in webalizer.conf. Just add an entry for it.

      I use this list. (Here, people requesting only a .pdf file or a .txt
      file will be also counted as visitors):

      PageType htm*
      PageType cgi
      PageType asp
      PageType jsp
      PageType pdf
      PageType phtml
      PageType php
      PageType php3
      PageType php4
      PageType pl
      PageType py
      PageType shtml
      PageType txt
      #Cold Fusion
      PageType cfm

      #PageType doc
      #PageType zip

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Stanislaw Pusep" <stanis@l...>
      wrote:
      > I think this was already discussed here, but anyway...
      > How does it comes for Webalizer to report that my site gets 1311
      sites and 1119 visitors accessing this month?