sites > visits (?)

  • Stanislaw Pusep
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2004
      I think this was already discussed here, but anyway...
      How does it comes for Webalizer to report that my site gets 1311 sites and 1119 visitors accessing this month?

      Powered by Outblaze
    • enventa2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2004
        Visitors are the ones that request pages with extensions listed within
        PageType.

        So, if you have defined in webalizer.conf:

        PageType html
        PageType php

        Then, visitors who only request .cgi pages will not be counted as
        visitors. You will however have them counted inside the "hits" stats
        and listed in the "sites" list. The minute they request a .html or .
        php page that will be counted as a visit. A visitor accesing a gif
        file linked from a different server will be counted as just a "hit",
        because they didn't access an extension listed within PageType.

        You probably have some type of page (jsp or php3, for instance) not
        listed in webalizer.conf. Just add an entry for it.

        I use this list. (Here, people requesting only a .pdf file or a .txt
        file will be also counted as visitors):

        PageType htm*
        PageType cgi
        PageType asp