Re: Setup ProFTPD log file for webalizer

  • enventa2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2004
      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@m...>
      wrote:

      > > It's weird. I use command ./webalizer.ftp1 (webalizer.conf for
      ftp1)
      > > and it say "Line 29 command not found" (line 29 is where I put:
      LogFile
      > > /home/logs/ftp1_log)
      >
      > That is not a webalizer error. Looks more like a shell error, so I
      > suspect your execution script (webalizer.ftp1) is hosed.

      I'd swear that he is trying to execute the configuration file itself,
      instead of executing the script calling the webalizer program.

      Bash is skipping all the lines before the "LogFile" line because they
      are either comments or either blank lines, and then bash chokes on
      that line because there happens not to be any command going by the
      name "LogFile" in the $PATH variable. In the sample webalizer.conf
      file bundledwith the program, that line is numer 28. In that file they
      must have added a one-line copyright, that's why the LogFile is in
      line 29 there.