Fw: [webalizer] About rotation scheme

  • gorizia1
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2001
      > > Will Webalizer process the same monthly logfile from the
      > > point it reached in
      > > the previous analysis (that would be what I expect) or does
      > > something else ?
      > > This makes not necessary to activate the "Renamelog yes" parameter.
      >
      > The webalizer process the new information only. And after the rotation it
      > uses the new file from the beginning.
      >
      > But be sure to parse the complete previous month log file before starting
      > with the current month file. Otherwise you loose the information of the
      > formerly unprocessed previous month data.
      >
      > Klaus

      I'm sorry, I forgot to specify that I was talking about the Win32 porting,
      precisely release 2.01.06.EN.R03
      In this release, Webalizer.conf doesn't refer to a specific filename log,
      but it points to a folder (containing all the monthly or dayly logs) and
      monitors all the incoming log files.
      So, does Webalizer remember to continue parsing the log file of the current
      month or does it jump to the next one, making me loose a portion of the data
      ? (always in the hypothesis that I launch Webalizer more than once per
      month).
      (I don't know if I have to write to this mailing list or directly to
      Jean-Noel HAYART, however thanks to all of you.)

      Thank you,
      Andrea Cecotti