Re: crontab and "run-parts"

  • enventa2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2004
      I'm not sure of the bakground of this one, so please excuse any
      mistaken asumptions.

      > I made a copy of the logrotate file and renamed it
      > "webalizer"

      I guess you mean some file like "/etc/cron.daily/logrotate". You have
      to change the contents in the "logrotate" file too, just the name
      will not do. You are just running the same script twice, one under
      the "logrotate" name, and one under the "webalizer" name.

      The "logrotate" file has instructions inside about running the
      logrotate program, which is probably in "/usr/bin/logrotate" or some
      other place. The new file called "webalizer" has the exact same
      instructions, and it doesn't know that it is supossed to run
      webalizer.

      The "logrotate" file was a valid script with no errors, so
      the "webalizer" file won't either give back any errors.

      Try looking at the file content, changing it, downloading some guide
      to use "bash" and scripts will help you.

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "John B. Moore" <jbm@m...> wrote:
      > Not a stupid question..<G>
      >
      > Yes it was.. I made a copy of the logrotate file and renamed it
      > "webalizer" and made sure it had the exact same permissions as
      > logrotate. I checked roots "email" and saw no specific errors from
      > cron.. it appears to be running everything as I would expect..
      (this