Re: how to allow others access to webalizer ?!?

  • enventa2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2004
      Can't you make a public accessable ftp folder and dump all stats in
      directories?. You can create the stats for each site and then copy
      them in the ftp folder. You could zip them so they only have to
      retrieve a nice single packaged file.

      Just change the script that calls webalizer so that after calling
      webalizer then it copies the created files there and then have it set
      the permision and ownerships in the whole directory with "chmod -R"
      and "chown -R".

      Another way is creating a "webalizer" folder in each v-site, putting
      it accesible from Internet, and protecting it with a .htacces . Or
      dumping the stats in several folders inside one folder and put
      a .htacces in each folder with this content:

      require valid-user
      </Limit>AuthUserFile /home/someone/.passwd
      AuthGroupFile /dev/null
      AuthName Not sure what this does or if the users see it
      AuthType Basic
      <Limit>

      I have done this on my server, but without password protection:
      http://griho.udl.es/usage

      Create your own password file. I believe tou have to put:
      name:shadowed_password

      Something like:
      user:gW/gDN4Us96

      You can copy/paste existing passwords from some existing /etc/shadow
      file. It works for me.

      How do you process the logs in a Raq4? Perhaps you pull them with ftp
      and process them in other machine?

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, tito mussoni <dyintobedancin@y...>
      wrote:
      > hello, I have webalizer 1.30 on my Raq4
      >
      > I'd like to be able to allow people to access the stats for my v-
      sites online. It appears that the only way to do so is to give them
      the username and password of a site administrator, which I don't want
      to do.
      > Does anyone know an easy way to allow others access to web stats
      without giving out a site administrators password ?!? Please note
      that I cannot SSH or Telenet, any chances by doing it with htaccess
      and ftp ?!?