Referrer and Agent not showing up on webalizer output ..

  • tadyen
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2004
      Referrer and Agent don't seem to show up on my webalizer output so
      here my webalize.conf and http.conf ....

      Webalizer.conf

      SearchEngine alltheweb.com query=
      SearchEngine altavista.com q=
      SearchEngine aol. query=
      SearchEngine dmoz.org search=
      SearchEngine dogpile. q=
      SearchEngine eureka.com q=
      SearchEngine excite. search=
      SearchEngine google.com q=
      SearchEngine hotbot.com MT=
      SearchEngine infoseek.com qt=
      SearchEngine lycos.com query=
      SearchEngine mamma.com query=
      SearchEngine msn.com MT=
      SearchEngine netscape.com search=
      SearchEngine northernlight.com qr=
      SearchEngine overture. Keywords=
      SearchEngine sympatico. query=
      SearchEngine webcrawler. searchText=
      SearchEngine yahoo.com p=

      GroupReferrer alltheweb. Alltheweb
      HideReferrer alltheweb.

      GroupReferrer altavista. Altavista
      HideReferrer altavista.

      GroupReferrer aol. AOL
      HideReferrer aol.

      GroupReferrer askjeeves. AskJeeves
      HideReferrer askjeeves.

      GroupReferrer ask. Ask
      HideReferrer ask.

      GroupReferrer completeplanet. Completeplanet
      HideReferrer completeplanet.

      GroupReferrer dmoz. OpenDirectoryProject
      HideReferrer dmoz.

      GroupReferrer dmoz. domz
      HideReferrer dmoz.

      GroupReferrer dogpile. dogpile
      HideReferrer dogpile.

      GroupReferrer eureka. eureka
      HideReferrer eureka.

      GroupReferrer excite. Excite
      HideReferrer excite.

      GroupReferrer fast. Fast
      HideReferrer fast.

      GroupReferrer fireball. Fireball
      HideReferrer fireball.

      GroupReferrer go. Go
      HideReferrer go.

      GroupReferrer google. Google
      HideReferrer google.

      GroupReferrer hotbot. Hotbot
      HideReferrer hotbot.

      GroupReferrer infoseek. InfoSeek
      HideReferrer infoseek.

      GroupReferrer inktomi. Inktomi
      HideReferrer inktomi.

      GroupReferrer iwon. Iwon
      HideReferrer iwon.

      GroupReferrer looksmart. Looksmart
      HideReferrer looksmart.

      GroupReferrer lycos. Lycos
      HideReferrer lycos.

      GroupReferrer mama. mama
      HideReferrer mama.

      GroupReferrer msn.com/ MSN
      HideReferrer msn.com/

      GroupReferrer netscape. Netscape
      HideReferrer netscape.

      GroupReferrer northernlight. Northernlight
      HideReferrer northernlight.

      GroupReferrer overture. Overture
      HideReferrer overture.

      GroupReferrer sympatico. sympatico
      HideReferrer sympatico.

      GroupReferrer teoma. Teoma
      HideReferrer teoma.

      GroupReferrer terra. Terra
      HideReferrer terra.

      GroupReferrer uruguaytotal. Uruguaytotal
      HideReferrer uruguaytotal.

      GroupReferrer web.de web.de
      HideReferrer web.de

      GroupReferrer webcrawler. WebCrawler
      HideReferrer webcrawler.

      GroupReferrer wisenut. Wisenut
      HideReferrer wisenut.

      GroupReferrer yahoo. Yahoo!
      HideReferrer yahoo.

      GroupReferrer yupimsn. MSN
      HideReferrer yupimsn.

      and the http.conf

      # The following directives define some format nicknames for use with
      # a CustomLog directive (see below).
      #
      LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}
      i\"" combined
      LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
      LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent

      # If you prefer a single logfile with access, agent, and referer
      information
      # (Combined Logfile Format) you can use the following directive.
      #
      CustomLog /var/log/httpd-access.log combined

      <VirtualHost *.*.*.*>
      ServerAdmin garyk@...
      DocumentRoot /home/****/*****/html/
      DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.php3 config.pl
      ServerName www.findmall.com
      ErrorLog /****/logs/www.findmall.com-error_log
      CustomLog /*****/logs/www.findmall.com-access_log common

      Since I have several other website on the same server I keep each
      website log seperate but it works fine .. I am not sure if it logging
      the referrer or Agent and combine them into thier own server personal
      log ..

      Any suggestion or advices will be greatly apprecated ..

      Bill
    • Thomas Kuerten
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2004
        When I look at your configuration, I see the http.conf with the line

        > CustomLog /*****/logs/www.findmall.com-access_log common

        you should change "common" to "combined" for the virtual host settings.
        Then the Logfiles will show the Agent and Referrer and webalizer will
        most probably be able to analyze them.

        regards,
        Thomas.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7, 2004
          You are using a 'common' log format (CLF) for your virtual hosts, which
          does not include referrer and user agent information. The program can't
          report on what it doesn't see.

          --

        • tadyen
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 7, 2004
            Thanks for the advices

            I'll check that out however the person to administator turn the
            server over to me and retired so I am trying to learn about apache ..
            I know this isn't apache forum but I wonder is there a way to tell
            which httpd.conf file the apache is complied to use? I found a couple
            more on the FreeBSD server and it pretty much the same conf file but
            I am not sure if the previous admin put it there as a backup or
            what ..

            Ill chanage that one to combine as soon I learn how to restart the
            httpd and bring it back online via ssh session .. last thing I would
            want to is bring down all the websites on that server =/

            Bill