Multiple V-Host logs

  • Ashwin Kutty
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 4, 2004
      I have a lot of Virtual Host's logging to the same combined log files. Is
      there anyway for webalizer to read those logs (apache - combined logs) and
      at the very least give the stats on the directory it is being read from
      even if not seperately from the different domains? I know for multiple
      virtual hosts it is recommended to have seperate logs and seperate confs
      and therefore seperate instances of webalizer run for different reports,
      but if I just wanted it by directory of the main server, would that be
      possible to include it?

      Thanks.
    • Ali DAN-BOUZOUA
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 5, 2004
        Thank

        I remove the RPM and I compile webalizer from the source (Webalizer.org )and
        it WORKS !!. Next time I will try Webalizer and GeoIP.

        My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
        them without messing my stats?

        Regards,

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 5, 2004
          Sure, no problem! Just use incremental mode, "webalizer -i", on archived logs!

          > I remove the RPM and I compile webalizer from the source (Webalizer.org )and
          > it WORKS !!. Next time I will try Webalizer and GeoIP.
          >
          > My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
          > them without messing my stats?
          >
          > Regards,

          Powered by Outblaze
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 6, 2004
            > My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
            > them without messing my stats?

            You cannot go back and process missed days if you use incremental mode.
            You need to remove the incremental data file (default: webalizer.current)
            and re-process your logs from the start of the month. If you don't use
            incremental mode (which 99.999% of the web sites out there should not be
            using), then you just need to re-process your monthly log.