RE: [webalizer] webalizer for redhat 9

  • Stanislaw Pusep
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 4, 2004
      Oops, sorry, I forgot there IS static official Webalizer ;)
      My compulsoty promoting instinct speaked louder, LOL...
      BTW, take a look: http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=webalizer
      There are several "RedHat 9" packages there and source packages too.

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 4, 2004
        I have a lot of Virtual Host's logging to the same combined log files. Is
        there anyway for webalizer to read those logs (apache - combined logs) and
        at the very least give the stats on the directory it is being read from
        even if not seperately from the different domains? I know for multiple
        virtual hosts it is recommended to have seperate logs and seperate confs
        and therefore seperate instances of webalizer run for different reports,
        but if I just wanted it by directory of the main server, would that be
        possible to include it?

        Thanks.
      • Ali DAN-BOUZOUA
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 5, 2004
          Thank

          I remove the RPM and I compile webalizer from the source (Webalizer.org )and
          it WORKS !!. Next time I will try Webalizer and GeoIP.

          My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
          them without messing my stats?

          Regards,

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 5, 2004
            Sure, no problem! Just use incremental mode, "webalizer -i", on archived logs!

            > I remove the RPM and I compile webalizer from the source (Webalizer.org )and
            > it WORKS !!. Next time I will try Webalizer and GeoIP.
            >
            > My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
            > them without messing my stats?
            >
            > Regards,

            Powered by Outblaze
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 6, 2004
              > My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
              > them without messing my stats?

              You cannot go back and process missed days if you use incremental mode.
              You need to remove the incremental data file (default: webalizer.current)
              and re-process your logs from the start of the month. If you don't use
              incremental mode (which 99.999% of the web sites out there should not be
              using), then you just need to re-process your monthly log.