RE: [webalizer] webalizer for redhat 9

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 3, 2004
      > I am using
      >
      > webalizer-2.01_10-11.i386.rpm
      >
      > Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)...

      Ok, from what it looks like, that is the RedHat supplied rpm that is
      shipped with RedHat 9, or at least that is what it looks like based
      on a quick check of their ftp site.. right?

      > The message when I run Webalizer

      > Saving current run data... [03/02/2004 23:49:52] Generating report for March
      > 2004 libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.2
      > libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.13
      > gd-png: fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
      > library
      > /testrus: line 7: 7657 Segmentation fault
      > /usr/local/bin/webalizer -c /etc/russian2.conf

      Ok, this looks like it's a GD Graphics library problem, not a webalizer
      one (although the webalizer uses GD for it's graphic output).. It looks
      like the distro ships with TWO versions of PNG, which seems kind of weird.
      There is a libpng10-1.0.13-8.i386.rpm (along with the -devel one), and
      there is a libpng-1.2.2-16.i386.rpm (along with the -devel one) shipped
      on the ISO. Do you have both installed? Could be that you just need to
      install the 1.2.2 packages.

      > Can I :
      >
      > 1. Remove the Webalizer RPM

      Sure..

      > 2. Take the geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz or the original
      > webalizer-2.01-10-src.tgz compile it by following the instruction.

      Any version you compile on the target machine should work just fine, as
      should any x86 static linux binary, since those don't require any library
      dependencies.

    • Stanislaw Pusep
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 4, 2004
        Oops, sorry, I forgot there IS static official Webalizer ;)
        My compulsoty promoting instinct speaked louder, LOL...
        BTW, take a look: http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=webalizer
        There are several "RedHat 9" packages there and source packages too.

        > Ok, from what it looks like, that is the RedHat supplied rpm that is
        > shipped with RedHat 9, or at least that is what it looks like based
        > on a quick check of their ftp site.. right?
        >
        > > The message when I run Webalizer

        > > Saving current run data... [03/02/2004 23:49:52] Generating report for March
        > > 2004 libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.2
        > > libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.13
        > > gd-png: fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
        > > library
        > > /testrus: line 7: 7657 Segmentation fault
        > > /usr/local/bin/webalizer -c /etc/russian2.conf
        >
        > Ok, this looks like it's a GD Graphics library problem, not a webalizer
        > one (although the webalizer uses GD for it's graphic output).. It looks
        > like the distro ships with TWO versions of PNG, which seems kind of weird.
        > There is a libpng10-1.0.13-8.i386.rpm (along with the -devel one), and
        > there is a libpng-1.2.2-16.i386.rpm (along with the -devel one) shipped
        > on the ISO. Do you have both installed? Could be that you just need to
        > install the 1.2.2 packages.
        >
        > > Can I :
        > >
        > > 1. Remove the Webalizer RPM
        >
        > Sure..
        >
        > > 2. Take the geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz or the original
        > > webalizer-2.01-10-src.tgz compile it by following the instruction.
        >
        > Any version you compile on the target machine should work just fine, as
        > should any x86 static linux binary, since those don't require any library
        > dependencies.
        >
        > --
        > Bradford L. Barrett brad@...

        > ttp://www.webalizer.org
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Powered by Outblaze
      • Ashwin Kutty
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 4, 2004
          I have a lot of Virtual Host's logging to the same combined log files. Is
          there anyway for webalizer to read those logs (apache - combined logs) and
          at the very least give the stats on the directory it is being read from
          even if not seperately from the different domains? I know for multiple
          virtual hosts it is recommended to have seperate logs and seperate confs
          and therefore seperate instances of webalizer run for different reports,
          but if I just wanted it by directory of the main server, would that be
          possible to include it?

          Thanks.
        • Ali DAN-BOUZOUA
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 5, 2004
            Thank

            I remove the RPM and I compile webalizer from the source (Webalizer.org )and
            it WORKS !!. Next time I will try Webalizer and GeoIP.

            My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
            them without messing my stats?

            Regards,

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 5, 2004
              Sure, no problem! Just use incremental mode, "webalizer -i", on archived logs!

              > I remove the RPM and I compile webalizer from the source (Webalizer.org )and
              > it WORKS !!. Next time I will try Webalizer and GeoIP.
              >
              > My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
              > them without messing my stats?
              >
              > Regards,

              Powered by Outblaze
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 6, 2004
                > My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
                > them without messing my stats?

                You cannot go back and process missed days if you use incremental mode.
                You need to remove the incremental data file (default: webalizer.current)
                and re-process your logs from the start of the month. If you don't use
                incremental mode (which 99.999% of the web sites out there should not be
                using), then you just need to re-process your monthly log.