Re: [webalizer] webalizer for redhat 9

  • waldo kitty
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 3, 2004
      Bradford L. Barrett wrote:
      >>>I migrate to linux redhat 9. But I am having problem with the Webalizer. It is not compatible …
      >>>Is there another compatible version, or do I have to compile the source.
      >>
      >>You can use static binary I provide: http://sysd.org/proj/geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz
      >>That's not *exactly* an original Webalizer; and not *exactly* an RPM package, but it works everywhere :)
      >

      > I'm not sure why the standard static binary on the ftp site would not
      > work either.. or even the plain vanilia Linux binary. What libraries
      > is it saying that it can't find.

      the wrong version of the png library... if i read the original message right, it says that the RH9 system has v1.0.3 or png (or at
      least a 1.0.* version) and that webalizer is looking for 1.2.2 or somesuch...

      --
      _\/
      (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 3, 2004
        I am using

        webalizer-2.01_10-11.i386.rpm

        Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)...

        The message when I run Webalizer

        Saving current run data... [03/02/2004 23:49:52] Generating report for March
        2004 libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.2
        libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.13
        gd-png: fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
        library
        /testrus: line 7: 7657 Segmentation fault
        /usr/local/bin/webalizer -c /etc/russian2.conf

        Can I :

        1. Remove the Webalizer RPM

        2. Take the geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz or the original
        webalizer-2.01-10-src.tgz compile it by following the instruction.

        I lost two week stats, but I archived the logs can I then rerun Webalizer to
        process those logs ..

        Thanks all

        > > I migrate to linux redhat 9. But I am having problem with the Webalizer.
        It is not compatible .
        > > Is there another compatible version, or do I have to compile the source.
        >
        > You can use static binary I provide:
        http://sysd.org/proj/geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz
        > That's not *exactly* an original Webalizer; and not *exactly* an RPM
        package, but it works everywhere :)

        I'm not sure why the standard static binary on the ftp site would not
        work either.. or even the plain vanilia Linux binary. What libraries
        is it saying that it can't find.

        ttp://www.webalizer.org

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 3, 2004
          > I am using
          >
          > webalizer-2.01_10-11.i386.rpm
          >
          > Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)...

          Ok, from what it looks like, that is the RedHat supplied rpm that is
          shipped with RedHat 9, or at least that is what it looks like based
          on a quick check of their ftp site.. right?

          > The message when I run Webalizer

          > Saving current run data... [03/02/2004 23:49:52] Generating report for March
          > 2004 libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.2
          > libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.13
          > gd-png: fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
          > library
          > /testrus: line 7: 7657 Segmentation fault
          > /usr/local/bin/webalizer -c /etc/russian2.conf

          Ok, this looks like it's a GD Graphics library problem, not a webalizer
          one (although the webalizer uses GD for it's graphic output).. It looks
          like the distro ships with TWO versions of PNG, which seems kind of weird.
          There is a libpng10-1.0.13-8.i386.rpm (along with the -devel one), and
          there is a libpng-1.2.2-16.i386.rpm (along with the -devel one) shipped
          on the ISO. Do you have both installed? Could be that you just need to
          install the 1.2.2 packages.

          > Can I :
          >
          > 1. Remove the Webalizer RPM

          Sure..

          > 2. Take the geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz or the original
          > webalizer-2.01-10-src.tgz compile it by following the instruction.

          Any version you compile on the target machine should work just fine, as
          should any x86 static linux binary, since those don't require any library
          dependencies.

        • Stanislaw Pusep
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 4, 2004
            Oops, sorry, I forgot there IS static official Webalizer ;)
            My compulsoty promoting instinct speaked louder, LOL...
            BTW, take a look: http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=webalizer
            There are several "RedHat 9" packages there and source packages too.

            > Ok, from what it looks like, that is the RedHat supplied rpm that is
            > shipped with RedHat 9, or at least that is what it looks like based
            > on a quick check of their ftp site.. right?
            >
            > > The message when I run Webalizer

            > > Saving current run data... [03/02/2004 23:49:52] Generating report for March
            > > 2004 libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.2
            > > libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.13
            > > gd-png: fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
            > > library
            > > /testrus: line 7: 7657 Segmentation fault
            > > /usr/local/bin/webalizer -c /etc/russian2.conf
            >
            > Ok, this looks like it's a GD Graphics library problem, not a webalizer
            > one (although the webalizer uses GD for it's graphic output).. It looks
            > like the distro ships with TWO versions of PNG, which seems kind of weird.
            > There is a libpng10-1.0.13-8.i386.rpm (along with the -devel one), and
            > there is a libpng-1.2.2-16.i386.rpm (along with the -devel one) shipped
            > on the ISO. Do you have both installed? Could be that you just need to
            > install the 1.2.2 packages.
            >
            > > Can I :
            > >
            > > 1. Remove the Webalizer RPM
            >
            > Sure..
            >
            > > 2. Take the geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz or the original
            > > webalizer-2.01-10-src.tgz compile it by following the instruction.
            >
            > Any version you compile on the target machine should work just fine, as
            > should any x86 static linux binary, since those don't require any library
            > dependencies.
            >
            > --
            > Bradford L. Barrett brad@...

            > ttp://www.webalizer.org
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Powered by Outblaze
          • Ashwin Kutty
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 4, 2004
              I have a lot of Virtual Host's logging to the same combined log files. Is
              there anyway for webalizer to read those logs (apache - combined logs) and
              at the very least give the stats on the directory it is being read from
              even if not seperately from the different domains? I know for multiple
              virtual hosts it is recommended to have seperate logs and seperate confs
              and therefore seperate instances of webalizer run for different reports,
              but if I just wanted it by directory of the main server, would that be
              possible to include it?

              Thanks.
            • Ali DAN-BOUZOUA
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 5, 2004
                Thank

                I remove the RPM and I compile webalizer from the source (Webalizer.org )and
                it WORKS !!. Next time I will try Webalizer and GeoIP.

                My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
                them without messing my stats?

                Regards,

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 5, 2004
                  Sure, no problem! Just use incremental mode, "webalizer -i", on archived logs!

                  > I remove the RPM and I compile webalizer from the source (Webalizer.org )and
                  > it WORKS !!. Next time I will try Webalizer and GeoIP.
                  >
                  > My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
                  > them without messing my stats?
                  >
                  > Regards,

                  Powered by Outblaze
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 6, 2004
                    > My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
                    > them without messing my stats?

                    You cannot go back and process missed days if you use incremental mode.
                    You need to remove the incremental data file (default: webalizer.current)
                    and re-process your logs from the start of the month. If you don't use
                    incremental mode (which 99.999% of the web sites out there should not be
                    using), then you just need to re-process your monthly log.