Re[2]: [webalizer] Hello & 3 Q's: xml-export, thousand separator, virtual hosts

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3, 2004
      > I'm logging to a single file and I cannot change that. Found one
      > little tool to split which is not able to handle *.gz. So I will have
      > to have a look into coding my on little tool to the job.

      simple shell script involving zcat and grep should be all you need.

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3, 2004
        > gunzip logfile.gz | splitter
        [... lots of ideas removed for clarity ...]

        One observation.. gunzip does not writ to stdout :)

        You can either use 'gunzip -c filename .....'
        or zcat which should do the same thing.

      • Fabien Chevalier
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2004
          Bradford L. Barrett wrote:
          gunzip logfile.gz | splitter

          [... lots of ideas removed for clarity ...]

          One observation.. gunzip does not writ to stdout :)

          You can either use 'gunzip -c filename .....'
          or zcat which should do the same thing.

          Oops. Sure, zcat is better ;-)

          bye,

          Fabien