Re: [webalizer] Hello & 3 Q's: xml-export, thousand separator, virtual hosts

  • Fabien Chevalier
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3, 2004
      software@... wrote:
      Hi Fabien,

      Fabien wrote 01.03.2004

      I'm personnaly working on this feature...but it won't be available before
      a few month, as i lack time to code it...
      For now a very tiny part of statistics can be exported as XML.

      Let us now when you're done or on beta testing. :o)

      Th.

      Ok.
      I'll let you know...

      Bye,

      Fabien
    • waldo kitty
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3, 2004
        software@... wrote:

        > I'm logging to a single file and I cannot change that. Found one
        > little tool to split which is not able to handle *.gz. So I will have
        > to have a look into coding my on little tool to the job.

        can't you gunzip the file first and then run the split? that's what's going to be done, anyway... this is just adding an
        intermediate writting of the logfile to the drive before processing...

        gunzip logfile.gz
        split logfile
        webalizer logfile1
        webalizer logfile2

        or, you could pipe the gunzip output to the splitter and let the splitter pull all them out in one pass...

        gunzip logfile.gz | splitter
        webalizer logfile1
        webalizer logfile2
        etc...

        you could to the splitting with grep but then you have to take a pass for each domain you have...

        gunzip logfile.gz | grep domain1 > domain1.log
        gunzip logfile.gz | grep domain2 > domain2.log
        gunzip logfile.gz | grep domain3 > domain3.log
        webalizer domain1.log
        webalizer domain2.log
        webalizer domain3.log

        and finally, i can't remember if webalizer can take data on stdin but if it can, you could likely do something like this...

        gunzip logfile.gz | grep domain1 | webalizer

        this last is, after all, the *nix way of doing things ;-)

        --
        _\/
        (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2004
          >and finally, i can't remember if webalizer can take data on stdin but if it can, you could likely do something like this...

          Yep, it can.

          >gunzip logfile.gz | grep domain1 | webalizer
          >
          >this last is, after all, the *nix way of doing things ;-)

          The above will work.

          Bye,

          Fabien
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3, 2004
            > I'm logging to a single file and I cannot change that. Found one
            > little tool to split which is not able to handle *.gz. So I will have
            > to have a look into coding my on little tool to the job.

            simple shell script involving zcat and grep should be all you need.

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 3, 2004
              > gunzip logfile.gz | splitter
              [... lots of ideas removed for clarity ...]

              One observation.. gunzip does not writ to stdout :)

              You can either use 'gunzip -c filename .....'
              or zcat which should do the same thing.

            • Fabien Chevalier
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 3, 2004
                Bradford L. Barrett wrote:
                gunzip logfile.gz | splitter

                [... lots of ideas removed for clarity ...]

                One observation.. gunzip does not writ to stdout :)

                You can either use 'gunzip -c filename .....'
                or zcat which should do the same thing.

                Oops. Sure, zcat is better ;-)

                bye,

                Fabien