Re[2]: [webalizer] Hello & 3 Q's: xml-export, thousand separator, virtual hosts

  • software@thknuth.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3 7:52 AM
      Hi Fabien,

      Fabien wrote 01.03.2004
      > I'm personnaly working on this feature...but it won't be available before
      > a few month, as i lack time to code it...
      > For now a very tiny part of statistics can be exported as XML.
      Let us now when you're done or on beta testing. :o)

      Th.
    • software@thknuth.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3 7:57 AM

        Bradford wrote:
        > No. Use the various HTML* keywords instead.
        Tried to, but then I loose the color on the table cells.

        >> Is there a possibility to get the values displayed with a thousand
        >> seperator?
        > There is a patch somewhere to add this, but I don't remember off hand
        > where it is..
        Would be great if anyone had an URL for me. Thanks :)

        >> And last question (for now ;)): Is there any tool/version/patch to
        >> create seperate reports for virtual hosts if there is no way to modify
        >> the server configuration is proposed in webalizer f.a.q.?

        > Depends on your setup. If you are logging to a single file, then you will
        > need to manually split out each vhosts logs and process seperately.
        > As far as I recall, I don't remember saying anything about having to
        > modify a web server configuration in order to support vhosts.. the only
        > thing suggested in the faq is for automatic processing of vhosts, but
        > that doesn't involve any modifications to the web server itself.

        I'm logging to a single file and I cannot change that. Found one
        little tool to split which is not able to handle *.gz. So I will have
        to have a look into coding my on little tool to the job.

        Th.
      • Fabien Chevalier
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3 8:05 AM
          software@... wrote:
          Hi Fabien,

          Fabien wrote 01.03.2004

          I'm personnaly working on this feature...but it won't be available before
          a few month, as i lack time to code it...
          For now a very tiny part of statistics can be exported as XML.

          Let us now when you're done or on beta testing. :o)

          Th.

          Ok.
          I'll let you know...

          Bye,

          Fabien
        • waldo kitty
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3 9:24 AM
            software@... wrote:

            > I'm logging to a single file and I cannot change that. Found one
            > little tool to split which is not able to handle *.gz. So I will have
            > to have a look into coding my on little tool to the job.

            can't you gunzip the file first and then run the split? that's what's going to be done, anyway... this is just adding an
            intermediate writting of the logfile to the drive before processing...

            gunzip logfile.gz
            split logfile
            webalizer logfile1
            webalizer logfile2

            or, you could pipe the gunzip output to the splitter and let the splitter pull all them out in one pass...

            gunzip logfile.gz | splitter
            webalizer logfile1
            webalizer logfile2
            etc...

            you could to the splitting with grep but then you have to take a pass for each domain you have...

            gunzip logfile.gz | grep domain1 > domain1.log
            gunzip logfile.gz | grep domain2 > domain2.log
            gunzip logfile.gz | grep domain3 > domain3.log
            webalizer domain1.log
            webalizer domain2.log
            webalizer domain3.log

            and finally, i can't remember if webalizer can take data on stdin but if it can, you could likely do something like this...

            gunzip logfile.gz | grep domain1 | webalizer

            this last is, after all, the *nix way of doing things ;-)

            --
            _\/
            (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 3 10:58 AM
              >and finally, i can't remember if webalizer can take data on stdin but if it can, you could likely do something like this...

              Yep, it can.

              >gunzip logfile.gz | grep domain1 | webalizer
              >
              >this last is, after all, the *nix way of doing things ;-)

              The above will work.

              Bye,

              Fabien
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 3 11:29 AM
                > I'm logging to a single file and I cannot change that. Found one
                > little tool to split which is not able to handle *.gz. So I will have
                > to have a look into coding my on little tool to the job.

                simple shell script involving zcat and grep should be all you need.

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 3 11:36 AM
                  > gunzip logfile.gz | splitter
                  [... lots of ideas removed for clarity ...]

                  One observation.. gunzip does not writ to stdout :)

                  You can either use 'gunzip -c filename .....'
                  or zcat which should do the same thing.

                • Fabien Chevalier
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 3 12:03 PM
                    Bradford L. Barrett wrote:
                    gunzip logfile.gz | splitter

                    [... lots of ideas removed for clarity ...]

                    One observation.. gunzip does not writ to stdout :)

                    You can either use 'gunzip -c filename .....'
                    or zcat which should do the same thing.

                    Oops. Sure, zcat is better ;-)

                    bye,

                    Fabien