webalizer for redhat 9

  • Ali DAN-BOUZOUA
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 2, 2004

      I migrate to linux redhat 9. But I am having problem with the Webalizer. It is not compatible …

      Is there another compatible version, or do I have to compile the source.

      libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.2 libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.0.13

      gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

      webalizer-2.01_10-11.i386.rpm

    • Stanislaw Pusep
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 3, 2004
        > I migrate to linux redhat 9. But I am having problem with the Webalizer. It is not compatible …
        > Is there another compatible version, or do I have to compile the source.

        You can use static binary I provide: http://sysd.org/proj/geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz
        That's not *exactly* an original Webalizer; and not *exactly* an RPM package, but it works everywhere :)
        Check out: http://sysd.org/proj/log.php#glzr
        I can provide RPM package if there is any interest in my patch.

        Powered by Outblaze
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 3, 2004
          > > I migrate to linux redhat 9. But I am having problem with the Webalizer. It is not compatible …
          > > Is there another compatible version, or do I have to compile the source.
          >
          > You can use static binary I provide: http://sysd.org/proj/geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz
          > That's not *exactly* an original Webalizer; and not *exactly* an RPM package, but it works everywhere :)

          I'm not sure why the standard static binary on the ftp site would not
          work either.. or even the plain vanilia Linux binary. What libraries
          is it saying that it can't find.

        • waldo kitty
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 3, 2004
            Bradford L. Barrett wrote:
            >>>I migrate to linux redhat 9. But I am having problem with the Webalizer. It is not compatible …
            >>>Is there another compatible version, or do I have to compile the source.
            >>
            >>You can use static binary I provide: http://sysd.org/proj/geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz
            >>That's not *exactly* an original Webalizer; and not *exactly* an RPM package, but it works everywhere :)
            >

            > I'm not sure why the standard static binary on the ftp site would not
            > work either.. or even the plain vanilia Linux binary. What libraries
            > is it saying that it can't find.

            the wrong version of the png library... if i read the original message right, it says that the RH9 system has v1.0.3 or png (or at
            least a 1.0.* version) and that webalizer is looking for 1.2.2 or somesuch...

            --
            _\/
            (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 3, 2004
              I am using

              webalizer-2.01_10-11.i386.rpm

              Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)...

              The message when I run Webalizer

              Saving current run data... [03/02/2004 23:49:52] Generating report for March
              2004 libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.2
              libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.13
              gd-png: fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
              library
              /testrus: line 7: 7657 Segmentation fault
              /usr/local/bin/webalizer -c /etc/russian2.conf

              Can I :

              1. Remove the Webalizer RPM

              2. Take the geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz or the original
              webalizer-2.01-10-src.tgz compile it by following the instruction.

              I lost two week stats, but I archived the logs can I then rerun Webalizer to
              process those logs ..

              Thanks all

              > > I migrate to linux redhat 9. But I am having problem with the Webalizer.
              It is not compatible .
              > > Is there another compatible version, or do I have to compile the source.
              >
              > You can use static binary I provide:
              http://sysd.org/proj/geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz
              > That's not *exactly* an original Webalizer; and not *exactly* an RPM
              package, but it works everywhere :)

              I'm not sure why the standard static binary on the ftp site would not
              work either.. or even the plain vanilia Linux binary. What libraries
              is it saying that it can't find.

              ttp://www.webalizer.org

              Yahoo! Groups Links
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 3, 2004
                > I am using
                >
                > webalizer-2.01_10-11.i386.rpm
                >
                > Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)...

                Ok, from what it looks like, that is the RedHat supplied rpm that is
                shipped with RedHat 9, or at least that is what it looks like based
                on a quick check of their ftp site.. right?

                > The message when I run Webalizer

                > Saving current run data... [03/02/2004 23:49:52] Generating report for March
                > 2004 libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.2
                > libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.13
                > gd-png: fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
                > library
                > /testrus: line 7: 7657 Segmentation fault
                > /usr/local/bin/webalizer -c /etc/russian2.conf

                Ok, this looks like it's a GD Graphics library problem, not a webalizer
                one (although the webalizer uses GD for it's graphic output).. It looks
                like the distro ships with TWO versions of PNG, which seems kind of weird.
                There is a libpng10-1.0.13-8.i386.rpm (along with the -devel one), and
                there is a libpng-1.2.2-16.i386.rpm (along with the -devel one) shipped
                on the ISO. Do you have both installed? Could be that you just need to
                install the 1.2.2 packages.

                > Can I :
                >
                > 1. Remove the Webalizer RPM

                Sure..

                > 2. Take the geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz or the original
                > webalizer-2.01-10-src.tgz compile it by following the instruction.

                Any version you compile on the target machine should work just fine, as
                should any x86 static linux binary, since those don't require any library
                dependencies.

              • Stanislaw Pusep
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 4, 2004
                  Oops, sorry, I forgot there IS static official Webalizer ;)
                  My compulsoty promoting instinct speaked louder, LOL...
                  BTW, take a look: http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=webalizer
                  There are several "RedHat 9" packages there and source packages too.

                  > Ok, from what it looks like, that is the RedHat supplied rpm that is
                  > shipped with RedHat 9, or at least that is what it looks like based
                  > on a quick check of their ftp site.. right?
                  >
                  > > The message when I run Webalizer

                  > > Saving current run data... [03/02/2004 23:49:52] Generating report for March
                  > > 2004 libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.2
                  > > libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.13
                  > > gd-png: fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
                  > > library
                  > > /testrus: line 7: 7657 Segmentation fault
                  > > /usr/local/bin/webalizer -c /etc/russian2.conf
                  >
                  > Ok, this looks like it's a GD Graphics library problem, not a webalizer
                  > one (although the webalizer uses GD for it's graphic output).. It looks
                  > like the distro ships with TWO versions of PNG, which seems kind of weird.
                  > There is a libpng10-1.0.13-8.i386.rpm (along with the -devel one), and
                  > there is a libpng-1.2.2-16.i386.rpm (along with the -devel one) shipped
                  > on the ISO. Do you have both installed? Could be that you just need to
                  > install the 1.2.2 packages.
                  >
                  > > Can I :
                  > >
                  > > 1. Remove the Webalizer RPM
                  >
                  > Sure..
                  >
                  > > 2. Take the geolizer_2.01-10-static-linux.20040216.tar.gz or the original
                  > > webalizer-2.01-10-src.tgz compile it by following the instruction.
                  >
                  > Any version you compile on the target machine should work just fine, as
                  > should any x86 static linux binary, since those don't require any library
                  > dependencies.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Bradford L. Barrett brad@...

                  > ttp://www.webalizer.org
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Powered by Outblaze
                • Ashwin Kutty
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 4, 2004
                    I have a lot of Virtual Host's logging to the same combined log files. Is
                    there anyway for webalizer to read those logs (apache - combined logs) and
                    at the very least give the stats on the directory it is being read from
                    even if not seperately from the different domains? I know for multiple
                    virtual hosts it is recommended to have seperate logs and seperate confs
                    and therefore seperate instances of webalizer run for different reports,
                    but if I just wanted it by directory of the main server, would that be
                    possible to include it?

                    Thanks.
                  • Ali DAN-BOUZOUA
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 5, 2004
                      Thank

                      I remove the RPM and I compile webalizer from the source (Webalizer.org )and
                      it WORKS !!. Next time I will try Webalizer and GeoIP.

                      My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
                      them without messing my stats?

                      Regards,

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 5, 2004
                        Sure, no problem! Just use incremental mode, "webalizer -i", on archived logs!

                        > I remove the RPM and I compile webalizer from the source (Webalizer.org )and
                        > it WORKS !!. Next time I will try Webalizer and GeoIP.
                        >
                        > My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
                        > them without messing my stats?
                        >
                        > Regards,

                        Powered by Outblaze
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 6, 2004
                          > My question: I lost some days stats, but I archived the logs. Can I process
                          > them without messing my stats?

                          You cannot go back and process missed days if you use incremental mode.
                          You need to remove the incremental data file (default: webalizer.current)
                          and re-process your logs from the start of the month. If you don't use
                          incremental mode (which 99.999% of the web sites out there should not be
                          using), then you just need to re-process your monthly log.