RE: [webalizer] Best Rotation scheme?

  • Jean-Noel HAYART
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 12 2:17 AM
      hi

      it's an option from IIS server , web server, properies, Log + advanced ...

      regards

      De : Maarten van der Hoek / W.T. International b.v.
      [mailto:maartenh@...]
      Envoye : lundi 12 fevrier 2001 10:33
      A : 'webalizer@yahoogroups.com'
      Objet : [webalizer] Best Rotation scheme?

      We`ve been running with an old version of webalizer quite some time, however
      this week we`re planning an major update of the web-server. (current logs
      can be deleted!)

      Now I was wondering what kind of logging is best for the latest version?
      W3C?

      And what kind of rotation is advisable ?
      Daily?

      We like to run the program scheduled, shouldn`t be a problem, right?
      Also multiple virtual sites are running...

      Best regards,

      Maarten van der Hoek

    • Marco Lanata
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 12 2:19 AM
        Jean,

        I know how to set IIS to rotate log daily. What I need is a script to launch
        daily in order to process with Webalizer the correct log automatically. The
        name of the log file is based on the date, so how can I perform this task ?

        Thank you for your help.
        ____________________________
        Marco Lanata
        Virtual srl
        Via Vinelli 34/2
        16043 Chiavari (GE) - ITALY
        Tel +39 0185 368005
        Fax +39 0185 368107
        email : marco@...
        http://www.tigullio.it
        ____________________________

        it's an option from IIS server , web server, properies, Log + advanced ...

        regards

        how can I perform daily rotation on a Win2k server ? I use Webalizer 2.01.06
        .

        I thank you in advance.

        Best regards.
        ____________________________
        Marco Lanata
        Virtual srl
        Via Vinelli 34/2
        16043 Chiavari (GE) - ITALY
        Tel +39 0185 368005
        Fax +39 0185 368107
        email : marco@...
        http://www.tigullio.it
        ____________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 12 2:42 AM
          hi

          you haven't do change command for start webalizer : follow my sample :
          - first use daily log
          - use webalizer like :
          - take a folder
          - incremental work
          - rename log after process
          - and you just have to start webalizer (without log filename) each time you
          want to make reports .
          On somes systemes (with very big log) i start wenalizer each 15 minutes ...

          regard's

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 13 6:23 AM
            Jean,

            We tried to follow your sample, however when starting Webalizer the
            log file gets corrupted (last 10 lines) and unusable...
            Also it keeps the same name!
            Looks like it's locked by the NT 4 file system..

            Any Idea's?

            Best Regards,

            Maarten van der Hoek

            --- In webalizer@y..., "Jean-Noel HAYART" <jnhayart@n...> wrote:
            > hi
            >
            > you haven't do change command for start webalizer : follow my
            sample :
            > - first use daily log
            > - use webalizer like :
            > - take a folder
            > - incremental work
            > - rename log after process
            > - and you just have to start webalizer (without log filename) each
            time you
            > want to make reports .
            > On somes systemes (with very big log) i start wenalizer each 15
            minutes ...

            > regard's
            >

            > -----Message d'ori
          • Jean-Noel HAYART
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 13 6:45 AM
              hi*

              sorry it's perhaps cause your log is strange to my code ...

              can you send me a sample of log file ???

              regards

              We tried to follow your sample, however when starting Webalizer the
              log file gets corrupted (last 10 lines) and unusable...
              Also it keeps the same name!
              Looks like it's locked by the NT 4 file system..

              Any Idea's?

              Best Regards,

              Maarten van der Hoek

              --- In webalizer@y..., "Jean-Noel HAYART" <jnhayart@n...> wrote:
              > hi
              >
              > you haven't do change command for start webalizer : follow my
              sample :
              > - first use daily log
              > - use webalizer like :
              > - take a folder
              > - incremental work
              > - rename log after process
              > - and you just have to start webalizer (without log filename) each
              time you
              > want to make reports .
              > On somes systemes (with very big log) i start wenalizer each 15
              minutes ...

              > regard's
              >

              > -----Message d'ori

            • Marco Lanata
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 13 9:49 AM
                Jean,

                thank you for your suggestion - everything seems to work correctly.

                Best regards.
                Marco Lanata
                Virtual srl
                Via Vinelli 34/2