Re: [webalizer] Setup ProFTPD log file for webalizer

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      If it says that it can't find the log, then it can't find the log..
      has nothing to do with the format. If it instead says something like
      it can't open the log, then check your permissions.

      --

      On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Tommy Tran wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > First, let me tell you about my server, I have 3 vHost(web) and set up webalizer to monitor bandwidth each of them the webalizer works fine without any error. However, when I setup webalizer to read ProFTPD log file, it does not work. It keep tell telling me the log file is not found. I check the path/log file name so many time and I'm sure it's there. The only reason I can think of is I didn't setup the FTP log format right so Webalizer can not read it. Now, my questions are:
      > 1. Does Webalizer can be used to monitor proFTPD log file?
      > 2. If it does, what is the correct format of proftpd log file?
      > 3. Are there any extra steps required to make it work?
      >
      > Thanks

      > Get better spam protection with Yahoo! Mail

    • Tommy Tran
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2004
        It's weird. I use command ./webalizer.ftp1 (webalizer.conf for ftp1) and it say "Line 29 command not found" (line 29 is where I put: LogFile   /home/logs/ftp1_log) However, if I use Webalizer under Webmin to excute this file, it works fine. so ./webalizer.ftp1 is the right comand to run webalizer.conf file?(I use this command to generate report for web log file without any error!!??)
        Thanks

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2004
          > It's weird. I use command ./webalizer.ftp1 (webalizer.conf for ftp1)
          > and it say "Line 29 command not found" (line 29 is where I put: LogFile
          > /home/logs/ftp1_log)

          That is not a webalizer error. Looks more like a shell error, so I
          suspect your execution script (webalizer.ftp1) is hosed.

        • enventa2000
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 24, 2004
            --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@m...>
            wrote:

            > > It's weird. I use command ./webalizer.ftp1 (webalizer.conf for
            ftp1)
            > > and it say "Line 29 command not found" (line 29 is where I put:
            LogFile
            > > /home/logs/ftp1_log)
            >
            > That is not a webalizer error. Looks more like a shell error, so I
            > suspect your execution script (webalizer.ftp1) is hosed.

            I'd swear that he is trying to execute the configuration file itself,
            instead of executing the script calling the webalizer program.

            Bash is skipping all the lines before the "LogFile" line because they
            are either comments or either blank lines, and then bash chokes on
            that line because there happens not to be any command going by the
            name "LogFile" in the $PATH variable. In the sample webalizer.conf
            file bundledwith the program, that line is numer 28. In that file they
            must have added a one-line copyright, that's why the LogFile is in
            line 29 there.