Re: Webalizer + GeoIP patch

  • kur@lanka.phys.cmu.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2004
      I found GeoIP particularly with the Country indentification
      very useful. I understand why it can give IP names for all those
      numbers.

      I wish the last table for each country with (Hits, Files and Kbytes),
      had the other 3 variables (pages, vists, sites) which IMHO are far
      more useful. I agree visits and sites are just estimates but still
      they better reflect how many persons visited from uniques sites and
      read my webpages.

      I filter out all IP's that request a robots.txt file to remove most
      crawlers. I wish that was an option in webalizer.

      Thanks for a great product from both Authors.

      Best regards Kavan

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Pickett"
      <Richard.Pickett@C...> wrote:
      > Thanks for publishing the geolizer. I like it. I use in on
      apache/linux. I copied the pre-built executable.

      > Only, now in the "sites" section it still leaves the IPs. I'd
      rather have it give the DNS names *and* give me the more accurate
      country info down at the bottom.

      > Thanks!

      directly from IP addresses using libGeoIP. I called that patch
      "Geolizer" & published it at freshmeat.net. As "side effect" I also
      made some modifications so now I can compile Webalizer on Win32 under
      MinGW and get small (400 Kb) executable with no dependencies :)
      http://sysd.org/proj/log.php#glzr